I want to sell my house. It is in good condition withrecent kitchen remodel and many updates. I need advice on how to proceed.

Asked by Sue, 48239 Sun Sep 5, 2010

Answers

11
Pam Bava, Agent, Rochester, MI
Fri Sep 10, 2010
Sue, I advise you to hire an agent to work with you as a listing agent. You can check offices near you, look on Trulia or get a referral from a friend. The contract involved in the transaction need to be handles by a professional. Make sure you underdstand the process each step of the way.

Nao, , Detroit, MI
Wed Sep 8, 2010
hello. i am not an agent. a buyer, i am interested, if you do not mind, please send me the details of your house.
naoakiwi@gmail.com
Jeanne Feeni…, Agent, Basking Ridge, NJ
Tue Sep 7, 2010
Hi Sue, yes, hire a great full time agent to assist you. I suggest you start right here on Trulia - go to the "find a pro" section and identify 2-3 agents that appeal to you. Then interview them, read their client testimonials - ask for references AND speak to them. Price will be key to success, so make it a point to work with an agent that has the knowledge and analytic skills to guide you. Next to price is exposure - you want to be marketed in an explosive fashion especially online. You want an agent that embraces and actively uses online marketing in her plan to sell your home. Photos are so important - the more the better, and quality counts. I'd also rank communication and responsiveness highly on a list of criteria. Work with an agent that will work the way you do.

My pledge to my clients is to "keep my promises and exceed their expectations". Find the agent that will do that for you and you will do just fine!

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
Web Reference:  http://www.feenick.com
Diane Lees, , Folsom, CA
Tue Sep 7, 2010
Sue,

All the agents have given you good advice about finding a local real estate agent to come and look at your house. The will provide you with a analysis of your home compared to the other homes (up for sale) in your area. There are also many good articles on the internet giving sellers detailed information on how to make their home the best it can been when, putting it on the market. Staging is very important. Also, you need to de-personalize the house. You will be moving on, and it will no longer be your home. Letting go is hard. Pack those family pictures and collectables away, for the move into your new home. This will make is easier for buyers to see themselves living in the house. They won't be distracted by all the personal items.

Good Luck
Pamela A. Ne…, Agent, Farmington Hills, MI
Tue Sep 7, 2010
Greetings Sue,

I suggest that you contact a Realtor, of your choice, that will offer a Free Real Estate Consultation.
This way, you'll have a better idea on how to proceed with selling your home.

I hope this helps.

Andy Hargrea…, Agent, Plymouth, MI
Mon Sep 6, 2010
Sue --

I am an agent who actually lives right by you (I'm in Livonia) so I'd love the chance to speak with you.

Ideally, you'll want to sit down with an agent who will preview your home, give you some ideas on how to maximize your appeal and then brainstorm with you on marketing ideas. We will review comparable sales and likely final sales price, along with where we do our advertising, etc.

It's a smooth process as long as you find the right fit for you and your family.

If you need help and want someone local that can meet your needs, let me know!
Andrijana Fu…, Other Pro, Reminderville, OH
Mon Sep 6, 2010
Hi Sue!

I would recommend that you get a home stager that will make recommendations and make your home look the best it can.
Once you have a good realtor/stager team, you will be in a great position to sell your home...

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Andrijana Furniss
Homes Aglow
http://www.homesaglow.com
330.357.1151
homesaglow@gmail.com
Web Reference:  http://www.homesaglow.com
Michael Warr…, , Novi, MI
Sun Sep 5, 2010
Hi Sue

I'm very familar with Redford Township, I would be happy to assist you in reviewing the selling process from start to finish. The comparative market analysis to establish a list price, marketing plan, staging tips,
required listing paperwork, offer process, closing paperwork and various other items. Give me a call
or send an email to discuss your situation.

Mike Warren
cell 734-634-5868
email - mikewarren@kw.com
Terrence D.…, , Upper Marlboro, MD
Sun Sep 5, 2010
I would check with what the homes are selling for in your area. If the market shows signs of many foreclosures or short sales in your area. Your home may sell for less than what you expect. Depending on the price of your home and if the sales are great in your subdivision with listing contracts being accepted within shorter periods of time than other subdivision in your city. It maybe a great time to sell. Of course their are many variables that might need to be address when selling your home. Contact a professional Realtor of why you need to sell. That's usually an indicator of should you sell now.
Desari Jabbar, Agent, Stone Mountain, GA
Sun Sep 5, 2010
Sue,
Why not find a realtor on trulia. There are many professional realtors who are eager to assist you. O'Connor Real Estate (listed below) would be a great place to start.

Best of luck to you!!
Web Reference:  http://www.DesariJabbar.com
O'Connor Rea…, Agent, Detroit, MI
Sun Sep 5, 2010
Hi Sue! We'd love to help you over at O'Connor! We'll be open tomorrow for Labor Day, so feel free to call us if you'd like to chat!

O'Connor Real Estate
Detroit, MI
313.963.9891

http://www.oconnordetroit.com