Home Selling in Reston>Question Details

Marcia1865, Home Seller in Reston, VA

I've owned a 2 BR 2 BA condo in North Pt Villas in Reston since 2006, and have rented it for the past year. Is this a good time to sell?

Asked by Marcia1865, Reston, VA Sun Sep 15, 2013

HI. Well it certainly has been the best market since the crash. This link has all the activity since January 1, 2013 to present. http://mrislistings.mris.com/DE.asp?ID=54238104965

Sale prices are between $310K and $346K (the unit that listed for $359K has a SOLD price of $346K) depending on condition and if you have a garage.

If you have a rented unit I suggest you do a For Sale Home assessment and see what you can do to spruce it up so that you can maximize your proceeds.

My team has a licensed contractor and we specialize in streamlining the process for you. I have many references from investor clients that buy and sell with me.

I hope this helps. You can reach me at 703-282-2040 if you have more questions.

Mark Ruckstuhl
Keller Williams Reston
NVARTop Producer
2 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 15, 2013
Hello Marcia,

The last three sales of condos that are the same size as your condo were $297,000, $312,000, and the third is still under contract, it was asking $310,000 and went under contract very quickly. The last two had lovely wood floors, granite, stainless and a few other updates.

You will not be able to sell for the price that you paid for it in 2006 yet.
If you can rent it again, (they normally rent for $1600 to $1700) and mostly cover your monthly costs, it may not be a bad idea to wait a little more. It all depends on how much your carrying costs are right now.

If you do chose to sell, I will be more than happy to help you.
Thank you

Realtor/ Architect.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 15, 2013
All depends on you situation and your goals.
NVRE is a local Real Estate Firm with extensive experience in this market (Reston).
Whatever your real estate needs, we can address them.
Please give us a call or email to set a a consulting appointment at no cost and obligation to you;
you have nothing to lose, but lots of information to gain.

Email: alkurd@nvre.net
Phone: (703)628-9343
website: http://www.nvreRealty.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 15, 2013
It really depends on what your future goals are. Reston is always a hot area for real estate and now Metro is coming there and its attracting a lot of buyers to Reston. I am here to help and I never rush my clients. Please call me at 703-380-1091 or email me at KashifRealty@gmail.com to discuss this in further details. I look forward to talking to you.

Kashif Rasul
Samson Properties
Yes this is perfect time to sell. I currently have a listing in Reston and there is only 26 active listing in Reston. I had several agents called me and said that they have clients looking for housing in Reston but there aren't many homes out there. So long answer short yes it's a good time before the interest rates rises. I can help you in getting your place sold quickly. Call me Tonya Lucas-Carroll 571-293-2176
Web Reference: http://www.lgenow.com
Marcia, it can definitely be a GREAT time to sell. There are always multiple factors to consider when thinking about selling or buying a house. I would be happy to discuss all of those factors with you to help you determine if now is the best time for you to sell. Please feel free to email me so we can have a direct line of communication.

Jill Lord
I would love to provide you with a free market analysis. Please give me a call tomorrow (Monday 9/16) at 703-307-3449 to schedule a free market analysis.

John Ginty
Keller Williams Capital Properties
10300 Eaton Pl, Suite 120
Fairfax, VA 22030