I've had 70 brochures taken from my information box, but only one showing. The second half had a price reduction. Is this normal?

Asked by Mlb, Fort Myers, FL Wed Oct 6, 2010

Answers

6
Edith Karoli…, Agent, Winnetka, IL
Thu Oct 7, 2010
Hi !
Yes it happens, sometimes the brochures disappear 2 or 3 at a time, and in some other cases I put 20 and they are gone within a week, although not 20 phone calls or appointments....
I always leave the price out, that at least will make seriously interested "lookers" make a phone call to find out the price, taxes etc. But yes I put usually 20 at a time, and sometimes I cannot keep up with them flying out the
box somehow! I leave several with my sellers, so that they can put in new ones....

Good luck on your selling, and try with just a limited number of brochures at a time.
Edith Your Chicago Connection
Christine Mc…, Agent, Valparaiso, IN
Tue Oct 12, 2010
I've caught kids a couple times (different listings) taking the home flyers out of the box. I only put 12 -15 in a box at a time.
Erik Armstro…, , 47802
Thu Oct 7, 2010
I agree that this is normal. There are more people that are curious than there are people who are serious. There are debates both ways regarding flyer boxes. On the one hand they provide instant information to anyone who wants it. On the other hand though if they find anything on the flyer objectionable they will not call your agent to see the home, and perhaps the agent could better show and sell the home. Agents are great for helping people over-come their objections by finding solutions.

The rule of numbers dictate though that the more showings you get the more likely you will sell your home successfully though so if you only have had one showing you might have to re-address why...the easy answer is price but also take a look at the marketing efforts. What else can be done that is not being done?
Gerard Dunn, Agent, Chevy Chase, MD
Wed Oct 6, 2010
Most likely LOTS OF NEIGHBORS looking at what is happening with the house and neighborhood.

Price it competitively to get it sold!

Gerry Dunn
Associate Broker
703-216-9100

Serving Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C. for 28 years
Jeanne Feeni…, Agent, Basking Ridge, NJ
Wed Oct 6, 2010
I think it is a good suggestion to just put out a few at a time. I would agree that it sounds like someone is "messin' with ya". I've had kids move my for sale signs from one property to another in the past.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
Web Reference:  http://www.feenick.com
Jody Jones, Agent, Elkhart, IN
Wed Oct 6, 2010
Sounds like someone, kids probably are messing with your brochures. I wouldnt put so many out at one time. I usually put 20 out, keep the rest in the house, when those 20 are gone, refill. This gives an added bonus of really tracking how they are moving/when.

Jody Jones
574 -214-2746
Century 21 Landmark
Elkhart, IN