I understand this property sold in the last 30 days. Why is there not a price listed?

Asked by Gerry Bartsch, Martinez, CA Fri Nov 7, 2008

Answers

3
Dave Sutton, Agent, Portland, OR
Sat Nov 8, 2008
It is up to the listing agent to change the status designation, usually from Active to Pending to Sold as a property goes through those stages. Usually (but certainly not always) a Pending will change to a Sold in about 30 days because the transaction has closed. However there are many reasons why it might take longer. Earlier this year I had a listing in Pending status for three months because the buyer kept having difficulties and kept asking for extensions on the closing date. That's certainly extreme in my experience, but it does happen
Bernard Gibb…, Agent, Danville, CA
Sat Nov 8, 2008
What is the address of the property? I will be happy to look it up for you.

Bernard Gibbons

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Bernard Gibbons, Realtor, e-PRO Certified Internet Specialist
J. Rockcliff Realtors, 15 Railroad Avenue, Danville, CA 94526
Phone (925) 997-1585
bernard@bernardgibbons.com
Barbara Wils…, Agent, Danville, CA
Fri Nov 7, 2008
The address for the property you are enquiring about is not showing for me, so I can't be specific. But if it is just pending, or if the agent hasn't changed the status from pending to sold, then the final price won't show up until the status is changed to sold. I am sometimes finding that when the banks are taking over properties, the price is shown as 0. There are also situations where the new owner can request that the final purchase price not be made public (often used for extremely high end properties) but I believe those are still available to agents via the MLS. Without knowing the exact address, it is impossible to tell, but I hope this helps somewhat.