I try to list my property as for sale by owner and the site asks me to to set up an account even after I have logged in

Asked by brucestrange, Halethorpe, MD Sun Feb 16, 2014

Answers

8
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sun Feb 16, 2014
If you are a for sale by owner the post is not allowed, you can however try blogging about the property; if and when you do list with an agent, he/she can post it for you, ask; or consider any flat fee realty company that feeds into the site.
Marlene Pais…, Agent, Linthicun Heights, MD
Wed Feb 19, 2014
Wed 2/19/2014

Hi Bruce,

The posts have merit; overall you'd get more BANG FOR YOUR BUCK hiring a Broker. Visit my site http://www.salemyhousenow.com for info and tips for sellers. You can also see my "featured" listings there which ALL get shared with heavily trafficked websites that today's buyer uses to find a great home like yours. I'd love to learn more about your needs and how I can help. NAR research shows that 85-90% of buyers start looking for homes online when searching and a whopping 95% use a Realtor in the transaction. IF THEY HAVE SOMEONE REPRESENTING THEIR INTERESTS, SHOULDN'T YOU? I'd say a resounding, YES, YOU SHOULD! But that's just my humble opinion. Lol. Feel free to call me to discuss your needs, and get a few "no obligation tips" to help with the sale.

All The Best,
Marlene Rogers, Broker/Owner JEMS Realty LLC
410-499-7279
Jessica Hood…, Agent, Gambrills, MD
Mon Feb 17, 2014
Hi Bruce,

In order to list your home for sale on Trulia you need to go through a real estate agent. If you would like assistance just shoot me an e-mail. If you have good photos and are considering a co-op commission I can post it for you.
Jill M. Zais, Agent, Baltimore, MD
Mon Feb 17, 2014
I own several properties in your area Bruce. Give me a call and I can maybe give you some pointers as to how to sell your property for the best price. Thanks, Jill 410-456-9968.
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Sun Feb 16, 2014
The site won't permit that. Listings have to come through a licensed real estate agent.
marvin garc…, Agent, Annandale, VA
Sun Feb 16, 2014
OK I see that you don'k like to do much for your own , so please give a phone call and we talk the way that I can help you with , ok thanks , have a nice daylll
Steven Kimmey, , Baltimore, MD
Sun Feb 16, 2014
Hi Bruce,

Realtor commissions are split between the seller's broker and the buyer's broker. Did you know by selling without a Realtor you still need to pay the buyer's broker and are only saving 2.5% of the purchase price? And most buyers who make an offer on a FSBO property will offer on average 3-5% less because they feel the seller is in a position to accept less for their home? That means in reality your sale net will be less by selling your home without all of the knowledge and tools a Realtor can offer! I have a marketing plan that will give you a net above the amount you are trying to save by not paying a Realtor to list and sell your home. Feel free to contact me for a conversation with no obligation to use my services.
KEITH PARKER, Agent, UPPER MARLBORO, MD
Sun Feb 16, 2014
It's usually or marketing and lead generation purposes.