I still can't get the correct square footage placed on the MLS, especially Zillow. How do I get it corrected with the right square footage?

Asked by Dina And Brian Crislip, Murrells Inlet, SC Sat Feb 16, 2013

Answers

5
Christine House’s answer
Christine Ho…, Agent, Surfside Beach, SC
Sat Feb 16, 2013
Dina & Brian,
IDX technology is what merges the information from our local MLS to ZIllow & Trulia. In some cases the information can be incorrect. If your an agent you do have the ability to change it in the MLS & either wait for the updates in other websites or make the changes immediately through your own login on each individual site. Realtor.com however is different you have to wait for the updates unless your a paid member of Realtor.com. If there is anything else I can help you with please email me directly. If your a consumer with your home on the market then you would need to contact your agent directly & ask them to make the changes.
Cordially,
Christine House
Century 21 Broadhurst & Associates
Christine@century21broadhurst.com
843-215-6831 Direct
609-339-0916 Mobile
Web Reference:  http://ChristineHouse.com
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Thu Mar 6, 2014
Dina and Brian,
As you can observe, there is great confusion in the real estate professional community regarding the source of data appearing on Zillow and Trulia.

Anthony has it correct.

The data you mention DOES NOT COME FROM ANY MULTIPLE LISTING SERVICE!
As Anthony suggested the outdated source for your homes feature is ListHUB. Listhub and Trulia and ZIllow and every other website parading as a real estate website reserves the right to replace, change, suppress, alter, modify, delete and misrepresent the data in what ever manner suits their business objectives. These sites are suitable for entertainment purposes only.

If you have suffer material loss, mental anguish or other substantiated damage, contact your attorney. Maybe YOU can make them accountable.

The most likely source of your faulty data is your local tax and appraisal authorities. Be aware, if the SF is increased, so will the value...so will your taxes.

Serious buyers rely on the multiple listing service for actionable data. Don't loose sleep on what appears on entertainment websites.

However, you SHOULD go to Google Maps and blur your homes street view.
Anthony Schi…, Agent, Myrtle Beach, SC
Thu Mar 6, 2014
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDXkQaFJOTo&feature=youtu.be

Don't get Zillowed! They pull their information from so many obscure and outdated sources, you are bound to get inaccurate information.
Bryan Dry, Agent, Pawleys Island, SC
Sat Feb 16, 2013
Real estate sites such as Zillow draw their listings from the local MLS so the information that is added to the MLS by your Realtor must be corrected.Let me know if I can be of assistance.
John Rakoci, Agent, Myrtle Beach, SC
Sat Feb 16, 2013
Zillow takes info from the MLS usually. Why can't you correct it on the MLS if you are an agent?