Pvalc, Home Seller in 77339

I sold my house in July my realtor had POA to sign my documents since I am out of state. I have not received a copy of the documents.

Asked by Pvalc, 77339 Fri Nov 4, 2011

I have since asked the closer at the title company three times to send me my documents and each time she says she will. It has been just over two weeks since the last request when she said she would pull the documents and have them sent to me. My next email will be to her superior but I would like to know what the laws are pertaining to the maximum length of time the title company has to get the documents to the seller after the closing. Thank you for your help.

This question was posted November 2011 - why is it coming up again??
You should be provided copies asap. At this state any thing you do to force the copies would be reasonable.

Trusting your POA to someone is no excuse for failure to deliver you your documents.
I agree with Bruce, I am not sure there is a law to that effect. Have you contacted your Realtor to ask for their help? A lot of times we have a relationship with the title company and he/she may be able to get the title company to react to your request.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 5, 2011
You definitely should have received all of your closing documents, proceeds etc. by now. If you would like, call me and give some info, I'll personally call the title company and see what we can do.

You should have received copies of the documents or at least the closing statement with the sale proceeds? Email the manager of the Title Company and find out what the problem is.

Best of luck

I checked with a local title company. Generally they get them out to the buyers/sellers by the next day and no longer than 1 week. They generally send them by federal express so they have a signature of when they are received. They also can email a copy to all parties. Please let me know if I may be of further assistance. Respectfully, Rebekah Snippp Century 21 Outstanding Homes http://www.majorleaguehomes.com rsnipp@century21.com
I would never get a POA to sign for my clients and just being in another state is no problem. We send out most of our closing documents a couple days before closing via Fedex all the time. No idea why she has not sent them.
This is a strange situation. Title companies can and normally give you your documents right away. Oftentimes on a CD. There really are no laws concerning this... just professionalism. I am not sure why they are ignoring your request. I would ask them again as well as your Realtor. I'm sure your Realtor got his commission check so make sure he follows up with you. Since you sold the home using your Realtor I am sure he used his or her preferred title company so there is no excuse for this lack of service.

Best of luck to you,

Don Groff
REALTOR® | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o.512.669.5599 m.512.633.4157
I'm not sure there is a law.
There really is no reason they wouldn't give them to you.

Normally they would even provide them before closing to you.

If you just want the HUD closing statement, your realtor will have that too.

Normally I would not give my realtor POA....even if you are out of state. We can still close remotely, by FedEx or email. But of course we are way past that issue at this point.
Web Reference: http://www.teamlynn.com
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX