wardsmith840…, Home Seller in Park City, UT

I sold it myself(FSBO) in five weeks and for 14% more then the so called educated experienced agents claimed was a fair price to start.

Asked by wardsmith84098, Park City, UT Mon Mar 24, 2014

I would have lost close to $100K including the commission.

Answers

7
Congratulations! Has it closed yet?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 24, 2014
Well, that's great - good for you!

Congrats.............but before you pop the champagne cork ..... know that "sold" isn't "sold" until it closes..........hope you have a smooth transaction.......

best wishes.........
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 24, 2014
Ward,

I hopes it works out, but not all agents are the same nor are their evaluations so unfortunately, they could have under estimated your market and values. In fact were are seeing a 15 to 20% growth in your area and a projected increase for the upcoming year.

My average seller doesn't even pay a commission because we educate the seller on what they can do to get a higher offer and use a unique marketing program that finds qualified buyers who are willing to pay a higher price on a home. My staging plan focuses on vale so they can see the property we are selling is worth more and the buyers do not want to loose it to other buyers so the first buyer offers us a higher offer and we net more to my sellers.

It is a excellent way to market a home plus I have one days listing agreements so if you don't like what we are doing you can fire me at any time. NO long term contract and No commission unless we sell your home plus you can sell your home on your own. If fact I have a complete packet that explains how you can sell your home on your own.

If this buyer falls through give me a call.

Jeff
Is this true? I would like to PM. I have a property I would like to sell but commissions are too expensive for a no inventory market. It will sell fast. Agents tell me about their marketing campaign, but I do not need a marketing campaign. I just need someone to do the paperwork. thanks.
Geoff,

It sounds like you are not attracting the right buyers who understand the value of your home so they are not willing to pay for its value. I would market it to bargain hunters go after the real buyers by using the right marketing program.
Flag Sun Mar 22, 2015
Congrats on the sale. Agents aren't needed in every sale. What you gain by having an experienced agent is less stress typically. We are there to coordinate the details and follow the laws in the State, especially with disclosures. Your location and price point is certainly hot in this market...I just answered your other note on Trulia and saw this one posted.
Where is your house? Did you put it on ksl. How did you do it?
And a goodnight to all. Signing off.