I sign with an agent to help me find a home. Her service or lack there of is awful. I want to find someone else. Can I look for someone else?

Asked by Blacness, Fayetteville, NC Tue Aug 24, 2010

Answers

4
Tom and Joanne Team’s answer
Tom and Joan…, Agent, Boston, MA
Sun Oct 23, 2011
Buyer:

Depends on whether you signed a contract or not? If you signed a contract you need to review the contract and determine how to execute the termination clause. If you did not sign a contract then you absolutely can find a new agent. All the best
William Patt…, Agent, Boston, MA
Tue Oct 18, 2011
If you don't have a contract with your agent, you may hire someone else. If you do, try talking to the agent and telling her that you are not happy and want to work with another broker.

Bill P
Christine Mo…, Agent, Wilbraham, MA
Tue Aug 24, 2010
Ask to speakto the office manager. They will refer you to someone else iun the office, which if you like the company, solves your problem. I can help you find a good realtor in your area that will give you the attention you need and deserve.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Tue Aug 24, 2010
If you are unhappy with the services rendered, do have a discussion with your agent first and express all of your concerns--if the chat is unsatisfactory to you, contact the broker owner or office manager of the realty company, express all your concerns as discussed with the agent and ask to be assigned another agent for the duration of your contract--oftentimes, it's the broker owner or office manager who decide any contract terminations not the agent.