I recently inherited a house in florida.Do I need to live in it for two years to avoid property gains taxes?

Asked by Sara Pignato, fla Sun Dec 16, 2007

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Holly Grigai…, Agent, Cottonwood, AZ
Sun Dec 16, 2007
You really need to ask an accountant this question, Real estate agents are not properly qualified to answer this question...You will also need to tell the accountant how that property was deeded before they will be able to answer that question. Best of Luck.
1 vote
John Youker,…, , Beavercreek, OH
Sun Dec 16, 2007
I agree with Holly on this one. I know it depends on how you took title to the property. You need to talk with an attorney and an accountant on this one, just as holly stated. Good luck!
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Selling in Hudson Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more