I own a spanish style Ashton Woods home in EMR. I have had the downstairs main living areas custom painted in

Asked by jstockham, 85338 Wed Mar 11, 2009

a neutral faux finish but the interior white paneled doors don't seem to match. Since I want to sell the house in a year or so, would I still be able to generate the same amount of interest from buyers if I had the interior doors and base boards painted brown in keeping with the spanish architectural detail of the house, or would this turn off buyers and limit my potential buyers pool? FYI: The house does have 4 double french doors (3 downstairs, 1 upstairs) and one single french door and they are all painted brown inside and out.

Answers

3
Susan Lutz, Agent, Litchfield Park, AZ
Sun Jun 10, 2012
Hi there-
I always tell cleints to enjoy their home now and do as they want. Later when you're ready to sell we look at what, if anything, really needs to be done. Paint is a fairly inexpensive thing and purely a preference of the individual. So go ahead and paint them the color you want now and enjoy them. When you're ready to sell we can decide if it would really matter or not. Many times if something is looking out of place and sticks out like a sore htumb pepole will notice that more than if it all matches.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me at 623 256-9480

All my best! Susan
Susan Lutz, GRI
Solutions Real estate
623 256-9480 cell
623 258-4240 fax
SusanLutzRealtor@gmail.com
http://susanlutz.solutionsagentsites.com
http://estrellamountainhomesforsale.solutionsagentsites.com
SusanLutz.SearchArizonaHouses.com
Jason Frakes, , Goodyear, AZ
Tue Jul 28, 2009
I agree with Stew.

Have some family and friends give you there own opinions.

That may give you some good insight.

Kind Regards

Jason Frakes
Goodyear AZ
Stew Keene, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Wed Mar 11, 2009
J,

If it looks too obnoxious then I would change the color, but everything is a matter of opinion.

My advice is to have some friends independently give you their opinions with a first hand view or consult an interior decorator and ask their opinion.

Posting a photo might also help so we all have a visual on just what you are looking at.

Pictures speak so much better than words, don't you think?

Stew Keene
Signature Realty Group
Phoenix, AZ