I own a small frame house in Gentilly that is still boarded up from Katrina. It is now blighted. Need help to access my options.

Asked by dlacey3, Baton Rouge, LA Tue Apr 2, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Wayne Clark’s answer
Wayne Clark, Agent, New Orleans, LA
Fri Apr 5, 2013
Interview a few of Agents to discuss your options if you are looking to sell or if you need help finding a contractor.

Give me a call

CCS Realty, LLC
1050 S Jefferson Davis Pkwy
New Orleans, La
Licensed in the State of Louisiana
0 votes
ian cockburn, Agent, New Orleans, LA
Mon May 27, 2013
As a licensed commercial contractor I can help you with estimates to see what it will cost you to rebuild.
As a Real Estate Broker, I can show you what specific renovations done in a specific manner will attract the most qualified buyers to your home.

Having completed over 800 Broker Price Opinions in the New Orleans area, we can take my knowledge and experience to help you best get an unbiased understanding of the marketplace and help you find the best solution to go forward.
0 votes
ian cockburn, Agent, New Orleans, LA
Wed Apr 3, 2013
Your options are:

1) Renovate @ approx $120 per sf and six months of your life dedicated to babysitting contractors..(will require a few trips to Sams for diapers..lots of them).

2) Demolish the building: $8,000 to $12,000.

3) Spend a few hundred dollars cleaning up as best as possible and then hire an agent experienced in rehabs to market and sell your home for top dollar. Get it sold before hurricane season is upon us.
0 votes
Hannah Chary, Agent, Durango, CO
Tue Apr 2, 2013
I have a client that may be interested in purchasing depending on the location. Please feel free to call me anytime if you are interested in selling. If not, I'm happy to discuss other options with you as well.
Hannah Chary
Korman Real Estate
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more