I own a mobile home, but not the land it's on, so whoever buys this home will have to get a chattel loan. I know this can be difficult.

Asked by Amanda Decker, Bayfield, CO Sun Jul 18, 2010

Would an owner carry real estate contract be a good idea>>? How would that work for a FSBO??

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Maggie Hawk, Agent, New Smyrna Beach, FL
Mon Jul 19, 2010
Your question doesn't actually involve real estate. Since the mobile home is not on its own land, it is considered personal property.

An attorney could probably structure documents related to the transfer of ownership, as well as documents for a personal loan, with the mobile home as collateral to secure the loan. I would imagine the loan would be similar to a car loan.

All the best,
Maggie Hawk, REALTOR
(386) 314-1149
Watson Realty Corp.
1 vote
Kimberly Ryan, Agent, Highlands Ranch, CO
Tue Jul 20, 2010
I would hire a Real Estate attorney
Kimberly Ryan
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Selling in Bayfield Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more