I own a lot @ the beach, since the R.E market isn't good, how can I get it sold w/o taking a hit?

Asked by Khaleel Thajudeen, Gladwyne, PA Sat Nov 17, 2007

It is in a community and we need to get our money out. We thought about building a cheap home on it so we could sell it. Is this a good Idea?

Answers

6
Carol Succar…, , Lewes, DE
Mon Apr 14, 2008
Sell the lot. Let the buyer build what he wants. Price it aggressively. Buyers are out there. It will happen. Use a realtor that is flexible. We have the resources and can reach buyers that non-realtor cannot. Good Luck

Carol Daniels
Creative Choice Realty
Bringing Choices to Sellers!
302-893-3632
Chris Kavana…, Agent, Bethany Beach, DE
Fri Jan 4, 2008
Sell the lot and forget about building. Talk to knowledgeable real estate professional. Chris Kavanagh
Coldwell Banker, Bethany Beach 302-829-9068
Michael Brown, Agent, Rehoboth Beach, DE
Sun May 18, 2008
Put it on the market and pray for the right buyer. Take a look at my website deh2o.com , it displays the amount of time homes in Millville have been on the market. See how many of them have been on the market for over a year? You have two choices if you want to sell it. You can either price it aggressively and take a hit or put it on the market and pray. Sometimes praying works, you never know when just the right buyer will come along but in this market it could be a few years. There is no magic solution. All the marketing in the world will usually not sell an overpriced home or in your case lot. Is it a waterfront lot? I may have a buyer for you. Let me know which community and how much you are trying to get for it. Currently I have a buyer looking for a lot in Point Farm, Bay Colony, Quillens Point or Rogers Haven.
Web Reference:  http://deh2o.com/milllville/
Anna Vleugels, , 19901
Fri May 16, 2008
Yes, you can list the property and if take iyou go the conventional way , you might take a hit on it
The best thing to do it to look for a Realtor who does come up with creative financing , and can proof that they market aggresively A lot of it depends if you own the lot free and clear Or do you have a mortgage on it
If you like more info you can call me at 302-339-3882 We also provide For Sale By Owners with Free Marketing Tools and Advice Always Check if your Realtor is a member of that particular MLS service
Sussex is differend then Kent or New Castle If you have the property listed in a New castle MLS the Realtors in Sussex will not find it in the systems I will only work with an office that provide both MLS services to there clients Have a pleasant day, and I hope this helps

Sincerely

Anna Vleugels
302-339-3882 Cell
Re/max Alliance
Iris Mccarthy, , Wilmington, DE
Tue May 13, 2008
I sell a lot of beach properties in Broadkill Beach, Bowers, Bayview, Rehoboth, etc. My best advice is list the property!!! Surprisingly, people are always looking for beach properties--no matter what the financial pundits are saying. I can aggressively price and effectively market your property to get it sold. I can be reached directly at (302) 753-5362. Best of luck to you...
Bradley, Home Buyer,
Tue Apr 29, 2008
I am looking for a lot on the beach in Sussex County, De- where is your lot?