I own a fourth of a home with my siblings I no longer want the property and they do not have the money to buy me out. Is there anyway I can sell my?

Asked by Angelasw2010, Annadale, Staten Island, NY Tue Oct 27, 2009

share to an investor? Its a two family, in annadale. Mother/Daughter. I was under the assumption that it might mean I can get an investor like a company take over. If someone buys my shares and the others need the money it might mean the buyer can get a good deal on property in a good neighborhood. Please let me know. I know this is a little unconventional but I really want out of this property

Answers

3
Fred Herman’s answer
Fred Herman, Agent, Staten Island, NY
Mon Mar 10, 2014
How much do you think your "fourth" is worth?? Do any of the siblings live in the home?

Even if you could legally sell your share, it would be difficult to say the least to find an investor to buy just your share. And after expenses maybe not that much money for your share.

"...and [if] the others need the money it might mean the buyer can get a good deal on property ."

So do your siblings want to sell or not??? Did you ask them???
Joseph Runfo…, Agent, Staten Island, NY
Tue Oct 27, 2009
Possibly. I recommend legal advice from a licensed New York attorney. If an attorney determines you have Concurrent or Co-Ownership with a tenancy in common then it may be possible for each owner to sell, convey, mortgage, or transfer that interest without the consent of the other co-owners. Again the proper way to approach this issue is with qualified, licensed legal advice including examination of all documentation, not through this forum. Good Luck.
Web Reference:  http://www.clovelake.com
Joseph Shikh…, Agent, Staten Island, NY
Fri Nov 15, 2013
i would like to help you out with any of your needs, call me any time #917-215-0226
Hello Joseph, that question was posted over 4 years ago.
Flag Fri Nov 15, 2013