I own a condo on the water in port charlotte and have a chance to purchase a dock..I am already agressively

Asked by Sam, Providence, RI Sat Dec 15, 2007

trying to sell the condo but wondering if having the dock will substantially increase my chances of selling the condo..thx

Answers

5
Shannon Moore…, Agent, Port Charlotte, FL
Mon Jun 30, 2008
I would have someone come out and give you a quote and a drawing for having it built and leave this in the condo. When some inquires about the expense of having this done you will be able to give them the information.

That's the best way I have found.

Shannon Moore, Realtor
Re/Max Anchor Realty
941-276-8142
twomoores19@comcast.net
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sat Jun 28, 2008
Sam,

We like your line of thinking.....however, it could be expanded to a golf course membership, fitness center, tennis club, etc.

Anything to catch the attention of a serious buyer.

The "Eckler Team"
Lori Ann Mer…, Agent, Punta Gorda, FL
Mon Apr 14, 2008
Are they the new green condos on Melbourne? I would wait also because others are right what if the next buyer does not want the expense of a dock. Buyers are looking for deals; the best in town with the least out of their pockets. Email me if you want more information: loriannmertens@yahoo.com
Web Reference:  http://www.loriannmerten.com
James Mullig…, Agent, Port Charlotte, FL
Mon Dec 17, 2007
Sam,

That is difficult to answer without knowing the condo complex, the cost of the dock and the amount you need to net after the sale.

If the condo is one of the new ones on Melbourne St, I would say no, do not buy the dock. Offer the unit at a great price and let the buyer get the dock. Doing it that way lets you offer it to someone not interested in a dock as well as the buyer who wants a dock. In another complex it might be worthwhile if docs are at a premium.

I would be happy to look into this further if you wish. Give me a call. No obligation.

Jim
941-456-3034
Myke Atwater, Agent, Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Sat Dec 15, 2007
Normally having a boat dock would be a real plus--just make sure that the amount you would spend on the dock isn't more than the increased value you would gain--however, it certainly would make it more saleable (desirability)! And in a buyer's market, that is a real added bonus for the buyer!
Web Reference:  http://www.myketriebold.com