George Holzw…, Home Seller in 32256

I own a 2 bed/2 bath condo in The Reserve at James Island and thinking about selling. Thoughts?

Asked by George Holzwarth, 32256 Wed May 2, 2012

I currently live in Texas and I'm thinking about just wiping myself clean of the place. How does the market look? The last thing I want to do is sell super low, especially since I'm already under water on the place. Any advice would be appreciated!

Hello, I would help you - I will buy it, how much do you want? Could you call me at (904) 905-1275 please?
Hi Galina, my walk away price is honestly quite high given that I can meet my mortage payments and have a very stable tenant. I'm also quite optimistic based on the opinions I've gathered about the longer term outlook for Jacksonville and on my own extensive research. I just want to be honest with you since you can get a much lower price from other current listings than what I'm willing to sell at. I hope that helps. I really appreciate your interest though!
Flag Mon May 14, 2012
I wish I could give you better news, but the last 3 sales to close there sold from $93,500 to $100,000. If there is any good news for you its that the market has gotten very brisk here. We have gotten very busy since mid Jan.
Since you are in Texas and the property does not show its homesteaded I will assume it is an investment property for you. We have completed several short sales on investment properties and in most cases the lender has ask for money from the seller as a deficiency judgement. typically under $10,000.
If you are interested in using the property as a rental I have a friend who is a very good property manager. I refer all this type work to him and clients have been happy with his services.
Again, I wish there was better news. If we can help further please let me know.
v/r Ron Short
The Susan Kennedy Team
CB Vanguard Realty
Email: ronshort@bellsouth.net
Awesome place.. I have sold many units in there. It is one of the most desirable place to rent. If recent prices are any indications, The reserve has a bright future. Prices are almost back to what the builder was selling at close-out prices. There are so many realtors to choose from. All are awesome. Work with someone you feel connected.
Last unit I sold for was...88K /2bed2bath . Now it is probably worth more..\

Inder Arora
Aim Realty
904 910 9814
May be you should think about cost averaging. Here is the units that are selling now at the Reserve's
Prices on 2/2's in The Reserve are between $80-$120k depending on it's location and condition. Keeping that in mind you may elect to continue to rent it if it's covering your mortgage. Without knowing what you paid it's impossible to advise you on what actions to take. Contact any of the Realtors on this page for competent advice on what direction to take.

Eric Cavanagh
Keller Williams Jacksonville
Web Reference: http://www.EricSellsJax.com
I really appreciate the responses so far. I should also specify that I wouldn't consider a short sale. I have no problems making payments, plus I have a stable tenant who provides rent and is cutting my "losses" down. I would really like to hear more about the market for 2/2 condos now and also hear some opinions on where the market could/is expected to go from here. I obviously know the future is incredibly hard to predict, so I'm taking everything as educated opinions. Thank you again for all your responses!
Hi George
As you know real estate is local. Therefore our recovery will be slow but it won,t be like 2005 and 2006. If you don't have to sell,Keep it as a investment as long as you are getting positive cash flow. Sincerely
Taghi Shaoei, Century 21 lighthouse 904-536 2637
Flag Wed May 2, 2012
Hi George
Condo sells are up compare to last year and is hard to find a condo regardless of short sale or none short sale. You condo will be under contract in two weeks, I have title co who's handle my short sale and attorney who can help and good things I can list your Condo for short sale and bank will pay my fees not you. Remember you have time until end of this year to sell short sell. For more advise please call me Taghi shaoei 904-536 2637
The bad news is...we are at "the bottom of the market" the good news is buyers relize this and are coming out of the woodwork, if priced correctly you would sell in a week probably with multiple offers. It just depends on if you really want to sell and are willing to price it right. Good luck
You, like many people in the area, are under water. We assist many folks in this situation with short sales. My advice is to always begin by getting legal advice. We work closely with one of the areas top real estate attorneys. He provides our clients with a free consultation so that they know all their options.

We then prepare a careful market analysis, including the viability of selling the property to investors (who are very active in our market). The attorney and his staff negotiate the short sales with the lenders and are often successful in getting sellers released on the balance of the short sale.

If you'd like to discuss in detail, send me an email or give me a call. I'm happy to assist.

Tim Fennell
The Legends of Real Estate