Home Selling in Kenosha>Question Details

Mamaof3, Home Seller in Kenosha, WI

I own a 2004 Patriot and have been the only owner. We have had it on the market for over six months now and

Asked by Mamaof3, Kenosha, WI Fri May 1, 2009

it still hasn't sold. The community I live in is slowly updating all their homes. I realize the most people are looking for a lower priced home but mine is only 5 years old. We were hoping it would sell before June because I am expecting our third child and our home is only 2 bedrooms.The agent we had it listed with said it was only worth in the 20s but we have to list it for just over 30 due to our balance on mortgage. We are leaving all the appliances, it has skylights and beautiful curio cabinets. We fenced in the small yard we do have and put in a patio. I love my home but we are out growing it. I don't know what to do. We are selling it on our own again because the agent did not give me feed back and did not keep me updated on anything. Does anyone have any suggestions for me to maybe get it to sell quicker?

Mary Lockman’s answer
If you would like to work with a highly skilled real estate professional in your area, I would be delighted to recommend someone to you. You see agents in the profession know what to look for in an outstanding agent. What is their Internet presence, do they make custom flyers, do circle mailings around your home, syndicate you to 50 or more websites, what is their presence in Google, do they do broker opens for you, and what are their real estate certifications? These are just some of the concerns, but the bottom line is that your agent may have done all this and more for you already. The market is tough but you will need every opportunity to sell a home that is not at the current market price. Remember though price will be your number one factor in whether you can sell a home or not, and also remember that this is a historic buyers market.
Web Reference: http://www.methowearth.com