I noticed my home is not listed on trulia.

Asked by jeffwilkinson, Farmington, UT Sat Jan 5, 2013

I noticed my home is not listed on trulia. I asked my realtor why and he did not know and said that trulia pulls their listings directly from the MLS. It appears all other homes on the MLS are listed, just not mine. Does anyone know why this is? The MLS number is: 1129147

Answers

3
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Sat Jan 5, 2013
Trul;ia does not "pull" homes from MLS. Your agent can sign up for a service who will place their listings on Trulia and other sites or your agent has to upload their listings manually one by one. Nothing is automatic, it takes some effort but any good listing agent knows that.
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Sat Jan 5, 2013
Trulia DOES NOT pull homes for sale directly from the MLS. Trulia receives homes for sale information from LIST HUB. This data can be AND IS altered to suit Listhub or Trulia.
-
Why doesn't your home appear here?
Perhaps the data related to your home has been determined to be important and that when it appears to the public it should be ACCURATE. Your agent may have recognized that once your homes data appears on aggregate websites, neither you or your agent has ANY CONTROL over the accuracy of such data. When your home does sell, it may remain on these aggregate websites, as FOR SALE for months!
-
Although your agent, like so many, has little knowledge of how Truila works, your agent DOES know real buyers do not make decisions based on what the see on aggregate websites. They make their buying decision based on what appears in the MLS.
-
If your agent choose to keep you homes data OFF aggregate websites, you should realize this protects the integrity of such data., retains control of that data, and does NOT compromise access for those buyers who are SERIOUS. You know who those SERIOUS buyer are. Those who are qualified to buy (can get a mortgage) and are working with a real estate professional.

Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us
Becky Nay, Agent, Riverton, UT
Sat Jan 5, 2013
Yes, not all companies subscribe to have their listings pulled from MLS to Trulia. Our company pays extra to a third party, Listhub, to syndicate listings to hundreds of websites. You can have your agent manually input your listing to Trulia, Zillow etc with photos, details etc.

I hope all goes well for you.