Disgruntled_…, Home Seller in 95124

I need to sell my house that I recently purchased.

Asked by Disgruntled_seller, 95124 Mon Apr 4, 2011

I recently bought a short sale house in San Jose and it was a tedious and horrible process. After everything is said and done, I felt cheated and lied to by the agents, banks and Mortgage Company. I don’t feel any joy that I just bought my first place, instead I feel that I made a huge mistake by buying this house. I need to sell it ASAP to get my life back on the track. I am looking for a real estate agent who can help me recover my money and if possible make a profit on this sale. After having a horrible buying experience, I have lost faith in agents but due to my busy schedule I can’t take FSBO route. I am in no position to pay the full commission so I need to know what type of discount and reduced commission agents are offering in this market.
If you are an honest agent who is willing to help me sell this house, please provide me with your information, years of experience and the commission proposition.
Thank You.

It sounds like your looking for round 2 of a horrible experience. Searching for a discount realtor over the internet will certainly exclude the most professional, the most experienced, the most knowledgable, the best of the best.
If I was in your situation, I would be begging the best realtor in your area, and probably pay a bonus, to get me out of my nightmare. I hope you don't shop for heart surgeon by the lowest price on the internet

David Cooper Las Vegas Foreclosure Investor in Bank Owned REOs with Cash Flow. email or call +1-7024997037 for FREE list . not a real estate agent
Be sure to also look over your closing documents carefully. Due to increasing fraudulent activity in the short sale process, many lenders have imposed so-called "anti-flipping rules," which require the Buyer of a short-sale to sign an affidavit or similar instrument stating that they will no re-sell the property for anywhere from 3 months up to one year. Your post just stated that you purchased the home recently, but not exactly when. If the Seller was participating in the HAFA short sale program, there is a mandatory holding period enforceable by federal law.
Consider contacting a few local agents, or as many as needed, from different realty companies, and interview them in person, then choose the one you like best and who has the most to offer.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 4, 2011
This posting is over 3+ years ago!
call me and I can help you out. I have other listings in your area so I am experienced in the area and will take great care of you... 408-529-0248. If you call me we can work out the commisson split... I have sold over 200 homes in my career
Hello Disgruntled Seller,

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. What exactly went wrong in the short sale process? Many short sales are difficult (Tough negotiators, junior liens, HAFA approval process, credit card liens, judgment liens, tax liens, bankruptcies, court approval needed, and more), please tell us more about your story.

I worry that are setting yourself up for more disappointment and another horrible experience by looking for cheap, discount Realtors who can "help" you. I agree with the others who have spoken up in response to your question. I suggest you turn to your friends, colleagues, and people you trust to find a referral for a great Realtor. A Realtor should be someone you can trust and with whom you can work comfortably to meet and exceed your goals. Be careful that you will get what you pay for by looking for an agent who can turn your home out for the lowest price.

As for me, I am a Realtor with over 10 years experience, and I have sold homes in your neighborhood. If you would like to discuss what your home is now worth and when is the right time to sell (You may have agreed to not flip the property and re-sell for 90-180 days after the close of escrow of your purchase transaction by signing the Short Sale Addenda sent over by the short sale lender), please do not hesitate to contact me. As for the commission, I can discuss that with you as well.

Best of luck to you in any event. Please be careful out there!

Huey Nguyen
I'm confident there is a lot more to the situation than what you are telling us in this cryptic post. You bought a home with an agent? Sounds like they did their job in my opinion.

Sounds like sour grapes and buyer's remorse. It's not an agent's, bank's or motgage company's job to make you feel good. It's their job to accomplish the objective and per your own post, it would appear they did that. You bought a house.
Without reading the other comments I will simply say "you get what you pay for". If you are looking for a full service Realtor to give all of their effort for a reduced commission, that should be a challenge. Not sure what industry you work in, but would you give your best effort for 1/2 pay? There are FSBO sites that offer reduced commissions for reduced services. There are also services that will put your place in the MLS for a low fee and have you do all the work. This may be your best option.
Only an honest agent will tell you this" keep the house and you won't be sorry". If you can afford it, keep your home and rent it out if you can't afford to live in it. You will thank me later because you will make money.The market is going up and will continue to go up.Inflation will force this to happen and some day you will be glad you held on to it. I have been a Broker for 33 years and when I started in real estate I was selling homes for $50,000 in San Jose and people would say " they can't go up any higher". They did and they will continue to go up.If you'd like to talk you can contact me at http://propertiesbyperry.com and if you still want to sell feel free to call me and I can sell your home for a very low commission because I am a broker/owner of my company.
It is sad to hear that buying a home for the first time did not go well. Make sure you take the time to sit down and interview the agents that you would like to work with. Selling a house is just as big as buying a house. For some it is even bigger.

Investing time with meeting with the possible agents that you would like to work with would help you figure out if this is right person for the job. Most agent will have outline what they will do to sell a home, their recent success, and their experience.

If you would like to talk. Don't hesitate to contact me. I would enjoy an opportunity to learn of your situation and hopefully find a solution that works.

Clarence Madrilejos
Century 21 M&M and Associates
This is very unfortunate. Do your research on a trustworthy agent who is willing to dedicate time and honestly represent you throughout the transaction.
Short sales are a nightmare that's true, however, buying a home (especially for the first time) even with a regular purchase can be an emotional roller coaster. There are a myriad of scenarios that can intensify, delay and wrench the process especially if those representing you do not have your best interest at heart. Please email me the address through my Trulia profile and I will send you back a market analysis of what I think you could list the home for. Although, I hope you will not regret selling more than you regret buying. The selling process can be tedious as well. I really wish you felt the joy that most first-timers get to experience once the horrid transaction finally closes, it's usually a celebration. If you still want to sell and will have no regrets, please contact me for help. Kind regards, - Andrea.
I am so sorry your experience was not what you expected. Short sales are not a pleasant experience because everyone is at the mercy of the Seller's bank.

I'd be happy to discuss this with you off line.
Web Reference: http://terrivellios.com