I'm looking to sell my house to a friend. What do I need to do to get started?

Asked by Jolene Kernick, Indianapolis, IN Mon Aug 5, 2013

We want to avoid realtor's fees so this would be a "sell by owner" contract.

Answers

6
Mallorie Wil…, Agent, Indianapolis, IN
Tue Feb 11, 2014
Jolene,

Have you managed to sell the property to your friend? Some firms will offer you a flat fee to in preparation of your documents or you could contact an attorney. Feel free to contact me at 317-590-3434 for more information.

Mallorie Wilson
Sales Manager
Associate Broker
Century 21 Diversified
317-590-3434 direct
Cathy O'Bani…, Agent, Indianapolis, IN
Tue Feb 11, 2014
Probably going to need a new friend; if you decide not to use a professional. There are federal, state and county required forms and disclosures. Call me our office will do a transaction fee significantly less than the cost to list and market your home. Thanks, Cathy O 317-697-9340
HIRBOD, Home Buyer, Indianapolis, IN
Sun Feb 9, 2014
Dear Ms Hello "While congratulation New Year to you Dear masters and respectable family and good luck with all of your social and work life, "I am a resident of Qom in Iran" Born in 1971 Married with two children, I am very happy to meet you dear friend, "I believe that friends should remain stable founded on respect and integrity and goodness, "I love my relationship with your heartfelt love and the utmost respect and integrity is "I love the souvenirs and gifts to send to one another and honor and thanks to the way the friendship we / I am waiting for your valuable message as soon as I / Yours sincerely"{HIRBOD MOGHADDAM} Iran" Qom / GMAIL: moghaddam1971@gmail.com
Peter Knight, Agent, Fishers, IN
Tue Aug 6, 2013
There have been several cases recently of appraisals coming in less than the agreed purchase price so if your friend plans to finance the purchase, you might start with the loan process which will involve an appraisal. As far as the details of the deed transfer, etc. - a title company will be able to handle it. If you have questions, contact me.

Peter Knight
peterknight@frontier.com
Julie Simnick, Agent, Indianapolis, IN
Mon Aug 5, 2013
Hi Jolene. A title company should be able to handle everything involved with the transfer of the property from you to your friend. If your friend will be financing the purchase with a mortgage, they would need to work with a mortgage agent as well for that. Please let me know if I can answer additional questions for you.
Flag Wed Feb 12, 2014
Avery Garrett, Agent, Greenwood, IN
Mon Aug 5, 2013
Email me at soldbyavery@gmail.com and I'll send you a For Seal By Owner Guide from Lawyer Title Company. Where will you be moving?