stmrsg, Home Seller in Huntington, NY

I'm interested in finding someone to buy a investment share of my home in Huntington. How do I go about finding an investor?

Asked by stmrsg, Huntington, NY Fri Nov 29, 2013

Answers

4
Nick Sakalis, Agent, Syosset, NY
Tue Jul 8, 2014
Have you managed t o sell your home yet?
Ralph Windsc…, Agent, Hauppauge, NY
Sat Nov 30, 2013
I would think that simply getting an equity line of credit (if you have equity in the home) might be the better and easier course of action for you. You could take out what you need when you need it and take your time paying it back. One thing: there are scam artists out there who would certainly put together a deal that sounds great but ends up putting you on the street with them owning the house. Be careful. Make sure you hire your own lawyer if you are fortunate enough to find someone willing to do what you want. I speak from experience - a former secretary from my old real estate office actually had it happen to her. She lost a home that she inherited from her mother. I would be happy to meet with you to see if we can put our heads together to find a solution to your problem. Good luck!
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Fri Nov 29, 2013
Have you asked people you may know....
Sabrina Tepl…, Agent, Huntington, NY
Fri Nov 29, 2013
Like a co-op? This is not a trend that is very common in this area.
Not like a co-op but actually purchasing 1/2 of the house and co-owning it with my spouse and I. We are having trouble keeping up with the expenses of our home and were looking for someone who might want to purchase a share of our home for an investment since the area has been doing well vs. economy/other areas of Long Island. I know it's not a common practice but have read there are sometimes investors that you can find - although there would need to be a specialized contract for this type of ownership. I also know that there are folks that buy homes in Huntington for rental properties so thought that someone might be interested in a possible arrangement such as this.
Flag Fri Nov 29, 2013