I live in a home my dad owns in a HOA . He wants to give me a tenancy in common interest of .5% in the property so I can be recognized by Board as a

Asked by BPS, Hamilton, MT Sat Sep 14, 2013

property owner. Is quit claim best way for this? Property paid for with no encumbrances. Thank you. Home is in Ravalli County, Montana.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Mschris, Home Buyer, Laurel, MD
Fri Mar 14, 2014
That makes you a joint owner as far as the HOA is concern..% does not matter.ga
0 votes
Lynn Kenyon, Agent, Great Falls Craig, MT
Fri Mar 14, 2014
Depends on the HOA rules. For example, if it is 55 and older community, you may not be able to have any share. Consult with an attorney.
0 votes
Kim Martin, Agent, Great Falls, MT
Sat Sep 14, 2013
Truthfully, I am not sure. My best advice would be to contact a real estate attorney or one if your local title companies. I dont think, however, a quit claim is the right solution.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Selling in Great Falls Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more