I haven,t heard anything from my realtor for over a month.On Apr 25th I sent a certified letter to the

Asked by Tina Catanzaro, Hallandale, FL Wed May 7, 2008

manager asking to terminate my contract reason being abandonment and to send me a release of my contract. On May 5th at 8:40 in the evening, the Manager called me and I explained the situation. He said he would talk to the agent and call me May 6th in the AM. Waited all day for a call, nothing. It's now Wed May 7th and still no answer. What is my recourse now. Thank you.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:

Answers

5
Mable Mathews, , 19111
Wed May 7, 2008
Send a certified letter to the Broker telling him why you want him to release you from the contract. Tell him to send or fax to you a letter of release . Also tell the broker to withdrawl your listing from the multiple Listing Service. If this fails, contact an attorney. Good luck!!!
1 vote
Catherine Kim…, Agent, Hallandale, FL
Tue Mar 24, 2009
I live in Hallandale Beach..been here for 10 years.

Because we are in a "declining market", and there are a lot of distressed owners and realtors, sometimes, it's difficult to get a hold of people...a zillion people calling for info re foreclosures, and realtors going out of business. Also, in this market, sometimes, realtors go out of the country fr Spring Break, etc.

On your listing, did you have a cancellation clause? usually, you can give written notice for cancellations. But, if there are cancellation fees, one cannot cancel so quickly, unless cancellation fees have to be paid.
At the commencement of listings, you should have had an idea of expectations of contact. Due to the down market, sometimes there isn't a lot of activity to report...in which case, your realtor should have discussed, perhaps, lowering the price.

In any case, I'm sorry that you have not been treated professionally. Some realtors are p/time and some are full time professionals. Let me know if I can be of further service.

Catherine Kim Owens P.A., 954-536-0648; cjkowens@aol.com
p.s. I'm also a mortgage broker.
0 votes
Dianne Scott, Agent, Eustis, FL
Thu May 8, 2008
Hi Tina,

As everyone has said before, I apologize for your situation. Everything that has been said is good advice for you. I think if the Manager is not responding, you should either call and get the actual Broker's number, or call the local Board of Realtors, if they are members. Ask the Manager to contact the Broker for you. That should definitely get the ball rolling, and will save you from having to do a lot of unnecessary paperwork.

Good luck on this.
Web Reference:  http://www.DianneScott.com
0 votes
Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Wed May 7, 2008
I am sorry for your situation.
I would also suggest contacting the local association of Realtors and filing a greivance.
The office can explain your options. They may also be able to get a hold of the broker.
0 votes
Angela Schra…, Agent, Pembroke Pines, FL
Wed May 7, 2008
Tina: I looked up your listing (using the county appraisers site) and then the listing on the MLS. There are several phone numbers for your Realtor. Tanya's advice below is correct as far as what action to take. It's a little disconcerting that the Broker hasn't called you back - it could be that he/she is unable to contact the Realtor too! However, it would be nice for you to know that. Has anyone been to see your condo at all? It could be that you may need to lower the price again or make some improvements. However, this doesn't excuse lack of contact. It's very tough for Sellers right now and I wish you the best of luck in resolving your problem with your Realtor and getting your home sold.

Best,
Angela
Villa G Realty, Inc. - Pembroke Pines
Web Reference:  http://www.villagrealty.com
0 votes
Search Advice
Search
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more