I have taken and passed the real estate agents examination several years ago.

Asked by kriszimbel, Edmond, OK Sun Aug 18, 2013

I'm trying to sell my own home and I would like to have the advantages of an owner\agent. How much do you think it would cost in the state of Oklahoma to hang my license with an agent?

Answers

8
Susan Nance, Agent, Edmond, OK
Mon Aug 19, 2013
I just sold my home as a owner/agent and I totally agree with Josh Barnett. I hired a stager and a professional photographer. I put the home on MLS and Craigslist. Although the house was shown 2 or 3 times a day I was only contacted to show about every 4 th or 5 th time. Prior to listing on MLS I put up my sign. I received no calls from my sign. When it hit MLS and the 4000 realtors and the thousands of searchers on Trulia I immediately got showings. Although we priced our home at the top of the market we received asking price from a young man who had been pre-approved by a lender because his agent was a professional Realtor who had guided him through the process. Hire a pro. Don't try to save money doing it yourself. You will sell your home more quickly too. 18 days in my case. In Edmond it should be less.

Susan Nance
405-445-4789
Kathleen For…, Agent, Edmond, OK
Mon Sep 8, 2014
It will depend on the agency. Visit with several because the cost of hanging a license isn't the largest factor. There is also your split with the company.
kriszimbel, Home Seller, Edmond, OK
Mon Aug 19, 2013
well darn it,
I thought you guys were going to say “sure just send us $50 and will save you $12,000 on your home in about five days
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Mon Aug 19, 2013
Wow!
Suzanne hit a home run! It is essential to focus on the outcome, the end result, in regards to complex transactions of selling real estate. Those focused only on cost, preoccupied with saving $1,000 will leave a bigger pile of money on the table. Priced at top, received asking price, found qualified buyer...that is what the the formula of success looks like and the community of professinals delivered!
Josh Barnett, Agent, Chandler, OK
Mon Aug 19, 2013
Call the local MLS and a local MLS Broker take both of their annual costs and add the together, plus what ever the local Brokers cut is going to be (this will probably be at least half the commissions as they will have to hold your hand through the whole process) and you will have the total costs.

If the home is worth 200k, your looking at an estimate 5k in costs so you will save 1k on one side.

So just ask yourself if saving 1k is worth attempting to sell on your own.
Ryan Hukill, Agent, Oklahoma City, OK
Sun Aug 18, 2013
John answered correctly. It's very expensive and you would likely be starting the whole process over.
Paul Lloyd, Agent, Edmond, OK
Sun Aug 18, 2013
The answer by John is essentally correct, The time and expense will likely outweigh any advantage you would gain,
John Phillips, , Oklahoma City, OK
Sun Aug 18, 2013
Goodevening:
Unless you have done all of you reqired CE courses then most likely you will not be able to do so with out going back and re-applying and possibly starting all over:
Call my Broker tomorrow about this and she will talk with you:
Anna Yarbrough
751 4848