Llinda, Home Seller in Fox Hill - Grandview,...

I have not had a showing of my house in three weeks. Is the market that bad? What is the next step?

Asked by Llinda, Fox Hill - Grandview, Hampton, VA Tue Apr 17, 2012

Answers

9
Lori Jeltema, Agent, Newport News, VA
Thu May 10, 2012
linda,

depending on where you are in Foxhill/Grandview, the listing time can take a while. You can have any agent from other areas say 'market's good' 'sales are up' but the truth is that each market is different and depending on your location, flood zone (Grandview tells me that you likely are) and other factors, the marker time may take while. Pricing may be an issue but with the scattered bank owned sales and the short sales/HAP sales that have recently been out there, the price that you may have to list at to get attention may be a price that is too low for you to sell. Talk with your agent. Review market time and current data. Some homes get no showings for months then get multiple offers while others get plenty of showings an no offers for months. No one from out of the area knows Grandview/Foxhill or the individuality of that area.
Amy Bush, Agent, Hampton, VA
Wed Oct 24, 2012
I hope that by now you may have sold your home in Grandview. If not, I'm very sorry you are not getting the activity you had hoped for. We are still seeing plenty of buyers in this market. The 3 biggest things that sells homes are Condition, Location, and Price. You're in a wonderful location. Take some time to review who your competition is and how your homes compares to them by means of condition and price.
Tabatha Evans, Agent, Hampton, VA
Fri Oct 12, 2012
Well the price is what sells homes, so with that maybe its time for a price reduction.
Laine Beckwi…, , Hampton, VA
Thu Sep 6, 2012
Although the market is picking up, you might want to consider sevral things
1. - Are there any minor mprovements you can make (painting, movement of furniture, etc)?
2. - Have you let your agent hold an open house recently and had it widely advertised?
3. - Consider lowering the price or offering a home warranty
Earl Byers, , Virginia Beach, VA
Sat Jul 21, 2012
Location,condition, and price are the predominate factors. Most likely you need a price reduction.
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Tue Apr 17, 2012
You may not want to hear it, but,

98% of the time, the answer is PRICE.
Did you put the LISTING PRICE higher than your Realtor suggested?

The reason for a low LISTING PRICE is to attract multiple offers.
Please listen to your Realtor.
Abu Musa, Agent, New York, NY
Tue Apr 17, 2012
You may sit down with your real estate agent and review the marketing strategy.You may change the strategy soon. Good luck.
AJ, , 17236
Tue Apr 17, 2012
Morning..you may want to speak with your agent regarding marketing strategy and to ensure that your home is priced competitively..the market is pretty good in our area. If it's priced a little higher than properties that are comparable to yours, you may miss alot of showing activity as well as a possible offer. Best of luck ~Andrea with E R A Real Estate Professionals-Newport News office 757 236 6394
thank you for anwering back to my question.
Flag Tue Apr 17, 2012
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Tue Apr 17, 2012
Linda the market is actually good, the amnount of listings is actually down in most areas while sales are increasing. The 2 most common problems when there is no showings is that your price is to high or no one knows your home is for sale becuase of the lack of marketing. Check to make sure your home is priced at or just below market value and ask where your agents is marketing or advertising.
Web Reference:  http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
thank you for anwersing back to my question.
Flag Tue Apr 17, 2012