I have had my home since April and not one customer has come in to see it ! I can't belive it!!! It's priced at 199,999 in Manchester

Asked by Melissa, Manchester, NH Wed Jun 30, 2010

03109. Help! I need my home to sell! How can I do this without dropping the price? I tried moving around furniture and cleaning ! this house is unsaleable!!

Answers

4
Amy Lavin, , Bedford, NH
Thu Jul 8, 2010
Hi Melissa,

While the price you set is critical in attracting buyers to your home, advertising is an important factor too. How are you advertising? If it's online, do your pictures show your house in the best way? Sometimes simple updates to your home make all the difference. If you haven't found a REALTOR to help you with the sale of your home, I can help you to cover all the bases.

Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Mon Jul 5, 2010
Melissa the first thing you need to do is to assess what your hous eis worth in todays market. If you are selling it yourself, you need to do your best to look at recent sales and what is on teh market to see if you are overpriced or priced right. If you are listed with someone, they shoul dbe able to rpoveide you a new broker price opinion to see where your house falls within yoru competition.

It takes more than placing an ad and hoping someone comes to see your house. With the ever increasing amount of homes for sale it takes a good marketing and advertising program to attract the most potential buyers. if you are listed you need to review that program as it is not working.

if you are selling it yourself you may now need teh help of an agent to sell your home. If you are not listed, please feel free to contact me, i can offer you a free broker price opinion to see what your house is worth in todays market and how i can assist you in selling it.

Good luck with your sale
Web Reference:  http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Ken Lambert, , Exeter, NH
Sat Jul 3, 2010
Hi Melissa- There are ways to get some more attention, but I'd need to see what you have done thus far. I'd be happy to advise if you'd like.
Are you selling it FSBO, I assume?
Its not as easy as $199k in a zip code- as I'm sure you know.
Since late April things have really died down everywhere, so you are not alone. July is usually pretty dead as well. You may get people soon that want to move in before the end of August, for the new school year.
Is it on MLS?
Thanks and good luck,
Ken L.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Wed Jun 30, 2010
What is your agent suggesting--do review comps, recently sold similar properties in the immediate area, see what the data suggests as to a fair price--if you need an adjustment, do adjust accordingly--review your marketing strategies, are you getting maximum exposure; is the property easy to show and access readily available, etc. Keep in mind that a property is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, not what the seller needs or potential buyer can afford to spend, market conditions do matter--your agent can best advise.