I have been with a broker looking for a house & will soon have him look at my house to price. Should I disclose to him that I have a possible?

Asked by Patcan, Fairport, NY Sat Sep 10, 2011

buyer? Have not yet found a smaller house to buy.

Answers

6
, ,
Wed Apr 11, 2012
If the tables were reversed how would you want the Realtor to treat you?

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
Cathy Barton, Agent, Fairport, NY
Wed Apr 11, 2012
It will benefit you to let your agent know all the particulars because it could put $$'s in you pockets, keep friendships and put you in complete control of your sale. An agent and seller need to have a sucessful working partnership to get the job done successfully.
Jolie Muss, , Upper West Side, New York, NY
Wed Sep 14, 2011
Yes, If you choose to list your home with this broker, you can ask to exclude this buyer and any others you have found on you on prior to the listing and add their names in the listing agreement.
Robert Schult, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Sun Sep 11, 2011
Yes, by all means disclose this to the broker and decide ahead of time what if anything you will be wanting the broker to do should your buyer decide to buy. You can then have an agreement in place as to how you will compensate the broker for this particular buyer.
Guy Gimenez, Agent, Austin, TX
Sun Sep 11, 2011
I would certainly disclose to him that you have a prospective buyer so that buyer can be excluded from the proposed commission structure (on the sale side only) should that buyer purchase your home. You of course can and should pay your agent a reduced fee for (if that specific buyer purchases) so your agent can administer the contract properly.
Web Reference:  http://www.phgbrokers.com
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sun Sep 11, 2011
Yes if you have a possible buyer of your own, do make your agent aware and disclose....