I have acreage to sell on Moxley Road in Damascus. What is a good price to ask for 5 Acre lots that have?

Asked by Joan Burkholder, Wed Mar 5, 2008

been perced? Yes.

Answers

3
Linda Kenney, Agent, Mount Airy, MD
Wed Jul 15, 2009
Joan,
I have read the information forwarded to you so far...all very informative. I could pull the comps as well, but they will be the same. I will expand further, when selling land you must take into consideration the topography, road access, wooded, cleared, I know it's perced but for how many baths, etc. These issues would determine the highest and best value of the property. This coming from my background as a former real estate appraiser. I offer my services as a local Damascus agent, I work for the Long and Foster office on Main St. in Damascus. My manager who has been in the business for over 40 years, local resident, is my backup to provide further support as she knows the locals. We also have agents in the office with clients looking for land in Damascus. Call 301-758-1819 email Linda.Kenney@longandfoster.com if I can be of further assistance.
Chris Highla…, Agent, Frederick, MD
Wed Mar 5, 2008
Joan,
An agent who is knowledgeable in land sales is important when you are trying to determine a proper selling price. We have experience in this area.
Marketing land in this present real estate market, especially in the estate price range, is difficult. Sales are down about 24 to 30% any given month, even more so in the price range you'd be in.
Working with a builder can enhance the marketing of your property, marketing "to be built" helps attract more buyers.
All that said, I did a quick search on the MLS, and found 2 lots in Damascus, one for 5.8 acres on Clarksburg Road, $499,900, and one for 10 acres on Holsey road, $439,000 both perced for one house.
2 in Germantown, for $500,000 each. Also in Germantown, there is a 5 acre lot approved for 3 houses that is listed for $800,000.
My husband and I have been in business in Frederick for 15 years and have worked with small builders on these kinds of properties.
We have an agent in our office who specializes in land. Send us an email if you would like more information. I'm sure we could help you out.
Kim Mills, Agent, Crofton, MD
Wed Mar 5, 2008
there are several factors you will need to consider and I would recommend using an agent that is familiar with land deals. I personally don't handle land transactions but I know of a great agent that does and usually has builders looking to purchase. If you would like to call me with your information I could put you in touch with her. Kim Mills 410-320-9683
Web Reference:  http://www.kimandrenie.com