I have a small full basement, embankment ranch in W. Peabody.

Asked by Carol-Lee Armstrong Kehoe, Peabody, MA Sun Nov 17, 2013

Want to sell, but what are the chances of a sale in the winter? I need to do some minor repairs, it has vinyl siding, fenced yard, a new roof, new tilt out windows, 3 zone gas heat, lot is about 15,000 sq. ft., house is 960 square feet, partly finished walk out basement has another 960 sq. ft., new hot water heater, gas, gas stove, some kitchen updates, hardwood floors throughout. 1 & 1/2 baths, needs some electrical updating. Nice Tyvec deck, private yard, newly painted inside. Stainless dutch door fridge, sits high on a hill but on a busy corner lot.

Answers

10
Jsmube@gmail…, Home Buyer,
Wed Nov 20, 2013
I am looking to buy a single home in West Peabody,. I have been approved already.How much are you selling this for? My cell # 978766 8072. -Juliet
Dan Richard, Agent, Lynnfield, MA
Tue Nov 19, 2013
At this time it is a strong sellers market in West Peabody with a shortage of inventory and many qualified home buyers looking to buy. Recently a home on Livingston Dr sold in 4 days at list price. If you would like a free market analysis of your home and further discuss the selling process and the West Peabody real estate market I would be happy to help you.

Sincerely
Dan Richard
Coldwell Bankers
Lynnfield
508-527-8371
Dan.Richard@nemoves.com
Jane Beader, Agent, Danvers, MA
Sun Nov 17, 2013
Hi Carol-lee,

I have been listing and selling homes in West Peabody for over 25 years. I can assure you that even though the winter is upon us, those buyers that are out there looking , are serious buyers. Homes sell year around. There is always a reason someone needs to sell, relocate or buy. Your chances of selling in the winter months are very good because the inventory is low and the rates are low too.
Ranches are great homes for first time buyers, or people downsizing . I can tell you West Peabody and your neighborhood is very much in demand.
I would like to offer you a free market analysis and will be happy to advise you on what you may or may not have to do to ready your home for market. I am also a West Peabody resident , quite familiar with our lovely community.
I hope you give me a call.
Jane Beader
REMAX/Prestige
Off: 978-777-5509
Sharon Lucido, Agent, Sagamore Beach, MA
Sun Nov 17, 2013
Hi Carol-lee,
Sounds like the house has some nice updates.
I think you would be surprised to know that February is one of the highest months for sales.
That means buyers are looking in the December, January months to close in February.
I always say "serious buyers come out in the winter" and it's true.
Good luck with your home in W. Peabody.
Luciano Leone, Agent, Peabody, MA
Sun Nov 17, 2013
Carol-Lee, I came across your question on Trulia and I'd like to connect with you. Everything the other agents stated us completely accurate, and West Peabody is highly desirable all throughout the year as long as the price is right. Call me or call all of the agents if you'd like to see who is the best fit, but feel free to check out my profile for recent activity and recommendations. I can be reached at 617-905-8359 or you can respond to this message. I look forward to speaking with you! Also, don't forget to give a thumbs up to the best response.
Carol-Lee take it from a recent homebuyer that Luciano is GREAT! He was very patient with my husband and I as we drove him crazy for the year we had before our finial purchase. I highly recomend him.
Flag Sun Nov 9, 2014
Carol-Lee - Just wanted to check in on whether you were able to find someone to assist with your home sale. Please reach out directly if you still need assistance as I'm close by on Lowell Street!
Flag Fri Aug 8, 2014
Robin ODonne…, Agent, Beverly, MA
Sun Nov 17, 2013
Hello Carol-lee,
Homes definitely sell in the winter especially when the inventory is low as it is now. The interest rates are still low as well so your serious buyers are out there looking. Also, in the with the inventory low there is less competition with other sellers.
If you are serious about selling whether its now or in a few months you should have a market analysis and at that time talk about what updates or repairs would benefit the sale most.
Please feel free to contact me by text, phone or email, whichever is easiest, to discuss your options.
Robin O'Donnell
978-979-1842
Robin Murphy, Agent, Peabody, MA
Sun Nov 17, 2013
Hi Carol,

Yes, houses do sell in the winter and the market we are in right now is a Seller's market. There is not enough inventory out there for buyers to choose from. It sounds like you need to do a few things to get your home ready to put on the market, and a good place to start is with getting advice from a Realtor.
If you would like a Market Analysis of your home, feel free to contact me to discuss your Real Estate needs.

Robin Murphy
Remax Advantage RE- Peabody
robin@NorthShoreHomeInfo.com
978-979-5098
Wen Farina, Agent, Reading, MA
Sun Nov 17, 2013
Hi Carol,
houses sell all year round. In the winter there is typically less competition and more of the serious buyers out there. Before you spend any money on repairs talk to a few different brokers to get a free market analysis of the current market value of your property (this will also help you in analyzing your ROI on the updates/repairs). This way you will have a better idea on when/how to proceed. Feel free to contact me if we can be of assistance - wen@wenrealty.com
Web Reference:  http://wenrealty.com
Steven & Tif…, Agent, Middleton, MA
Sun Nov 17, 2013
Hi Carol-Lee, What I tell people thinking of selling during the winter is that a majority of the buyers are very serious and looking and are not typically out :kicking the tires". I think it is a really good time to sell especially in Peabody. We just sold a similar style house at 28 Rockway Rd in Peabody and would love to opportunity to sit with you as well and show you what we offer. Your home sounds lovely and I think it would sell during the winter months. Please shot us an email at Lynchteam@exitrealtyba.com. We would love to show you what we offer to help get your home sold as quick as possible.

Steve Lynch
Lynch Team
Exit Realty
lynchteam@exitrealtyba.com
You may also call or text us anytime at 508-641-7478.
Flag Sun Nov 17, 2013
Michael Palm…, Agent, Danvers, MA
Sun Nov 17, 2013
Give me a call I will do a complete market analysis on your home. I am right now lynnfield and we'll be able to help you with my professional expertise on the best routes and courses of actions for your home to get top dollar my number is 781 3:07 8766