Home Selling in Ridgewood>Question Details

Frankgsr, Home Seller in Ridgewood, Queens, NY

I have a recent apprais,tax acces, title,deed,what do I need to do? One lawyer? Is there much involved? to buy my brothers share?

Asked by Frankgsr, Ridgewood, Queens, NY Mon Jan 10, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:


Contact any attorney that specializes in real estate for related paperwork, he/she will best advise...if you need attorney recommendations feel free to contact me directly...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 10, 2011
It's very easy. Find a real estate attorney and make an appointment to meet with them and go over the details. He will draw up papers removing your brothers name from the deed. The they record it and it's done. You and your brother can decide on payment, the attorney won't need to be involved there, you will both just tell him you agree to the removal of one name. You won't need anything more than the two of you and the old deed.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 10, 2011
THANK YOU VERY MUCH TIM & ANNA, Now I have to convince him about all this, someone told us different,.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 10, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer