Home Selling in Flower Mound>Question Details

Steve Carter, Home Seller in Flower Mound, TX

I have a 2 million dollar home for sale and would like to find out what tends to be the best ways to market that type of home. Could you direct me?

Asked by Steve Carter, Flower Mound, TX Tue Jun 4, 2013

Answers

10
You want to be everywhere people are looking....Trulia, Realtor.com, Zillow, MetroplexHomeSalesInfo.com, and hundreds of other websites.

You want to be marketing to agents as they have the buyers.

You want to make it easy to show.

You want great pictures.

You want to share all the details you can....schools, area fun, area golf, transportation options, lake options.

You want to stage it so that everything looks right for today's buyer.

You want to keep the yard in tip top shape this time of year for awesome drive up appeal.

I would also suggest getting it inspected and fixing any of the inspection issues up front.

Here is your compeition:
http://www.metroplexhomesalesinfo.com/listings/areas/37109/m…
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 4, 2013
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Steve

My guess is that you are attempting/attempted to pursue a for sale buy owner approach. How Is it going?

I have seen numerous answers regarding social media as a way to market your property. That is one approach to take, but with a 2 million dollar home, 2 million dollar buyers will not be looking on social media sites with a true intention to purchase. True, social media has it's advantages, just not what it takes to attracted ready, willing, buyers. You will need a professional Realtor that knows how to market to such clients.
Steve,

I agree somewhat with Mr Koket in that your home is in a niche that requires additional attention. To think that someone searching for a home in this niche would not be looking on line may overlook potential buyers. Your home should have additional attention by a realtor that screens requests for true customers to provide to you making the reach less over whelming for you. A good agent will also attend all showings of your home that you have entrusted with them. These are factors that some overlook or fail to share with a potential client as yourself.

David Eudy
mobile: 817/917-5705
Flag Fri Jan 10, 2014
I recommend you find a good real estate agent in your area. Our organization has one of the best reaches in the world via the internet. I would be glad to assist your in your pursuit.

David Eudy
RE/MAX DFW Associates
Flower Mound
972/355-3507
davide@rmdfw.com
Steven, employing the services of a Realtor is first and foremost. In addition that agent will take of all your marketing needs. Online, social media, and hard print.
You need a professional to do a professional job of marketing your home. Why wouldn't you use a realtor? Isn't your home and your time worth it?
Don't forget virtual tours so that others may have a preview to get an idea if this is the type of home they're interested in.
First, make sure your agent knows how to market 2 million dollar homes. In my market (the Jersey Shore) a $2mil home is considered a Luxury Home. So many agents fail in selling/marketing luxury homes because, as you see from some of these answers, they have a "cookie cutter" approach to marketing property. First, your agent has to have a proven track record of selling these types of homes. Agents who succeed in the luxury market have established non conventional as well as conventional contacts, attorneys, sports/entertainment agents, high end financial planners/CPAs.

If a $2mil home in your area is a common/average price then you probably have a good selection of agents that can handle your listing/sale. If it is considered a luxury property make sure they know how to sell a $2mil property. Good luck!

Joe
Find an agent that lives and works in the area. Each seller and situation is different, so it would depend on your goals. The best thing is to always stay on top of the market's "hot sheets". A savvy agent will be able to do that for you and showing you actual reports with buyer traffic.
What is your Realtor marketing plan for you ? Much depends on many factors involved for creating the entire package to sale any home.

I Specialize in Dallas Rentals & Apartment Locator

Contact my office today if you are currently not working with a Realtor happy to discuss our listing features. Homes are SOLD quicker via Realtor than For Sale By Owner.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com 100's of Dallas homes listed for sale or lease

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
Steve
Your best option is get yourself a good Realtor they will market it to all of the websites and social media. Feel free to call or email me if you have more questions I would be happy to help. Good Luck