I have a listing I am about to take on. Ineed to know the issues i should be concerned about?

Asked by Lissa Hewitt, Oxnard, CA Fri Apr 22, 2011

Answers

5
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Sat Apr 23, 2011
Heidi, Enjoyed your comment albeit somewhat frustrating and difficult to read in one paragraph. You might consider breaking it up into smaller paragraphs. You will definitely get a lot more readers. Most folks find it very difficult to track a run on paragraph and tend to skip over them. Just some friendly advice from one professional to another.
Tom Kessler, Agent, Oxnard, CA
Fri Apr 22, 2011
How soon do you want to move? Is it a short sale or a regular sale? Price is key, either lead the market or chase it. Before you list, check out your competitors. Remove all valuables, prescription drugs, laptops, cameras, laying around etc. Make sure your agent uses a Supra lock box. It tracts what agent, from what office and the phone number of office and agent who enters your home and at what time. You need a full time agent with a plan. I hope you are not trying to sell by owner in this market.
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Fri Apr 22, 2011
Lissa,
As a seller, you need to find an agent that is well versed in many areas; marketing, staging, online presence, negotiator, contract knowledge just to name a few. Don't use your best friend’s niece because she needs a client or do anyone any favors. You need to hire a pro that can look out for you and do an excellent job.
If you interview a few agents, don't be fooled by some tacky techniques in getting listings, over pricing or discount commissions. Commissions are always negotiable, but if all they have to offer is a commission reduction, challenge them on their success rate. Some agents list a lot of properties, but sell only a few. The other listings expire or get cancelled. As an agent, the strategy can work, but as a client I don't recommend it. (I don't recommend it for agents either but it’s not uncommon).
Price is critical to getting your home sold. Look at your competitors with realistic eyes. If they are selling and you are not, you may be priced too high. Best of luck.
Team Komar, Agent, Camarillo, CA
Fri Apr 22, 2011
Hello Lissa-
You are to be commended for being very proactive in asking the question you have. In addition to the excellent points of disclosure, probably the most important factor is setting the right price for your home
at the get go.

You have one chance to make a first impression, and choosing the right Realtor is important to help
you price your property correctly. Secondly, marketing is a must in order to introduce your home to
both licensed agents, and the consumer public.

Good Luck. If I can be of further service. Please let me know. We always answer our clients within
60 minutes of their calls or emails.

Ray
Heidi Golff, Agent, Ventura, CA
Fri Apr 22, 2011
Hello Lissa,

Any time you sell a property, issues of disclosure are important. If you live in the home, you have deeper liability in terms of disclosing any material facts that may affect the buyer's ability to live safely in and enjoy the home. Even if an item has been repaired, it is a good idea to list it as such. If the home was built prior to 1978, please know that if you plan to do anything with the paint, (interior and exterior both), there are issues with regard to which companies are licensed to work on lead based paint. Even if you do the work yourself for the purpose of selling, you are responsible for checking to see if there is lead based paint on the property before doing the work. People who remodel for their own purposes don't need to worry. Issues such as natural hazards, (fire/flood zones, etc.) should be dealt with during escrow by a qualified natural hazard disclosure company. Make sure you hire a well qualified experienced Realtor who will walk you through each and every step from beginning to end ~ after if necessary ~ who returns phone calls and has a clear marketing plan. Be concerned about Realtors who tell you what they think you want to hear rather than provide you with the data and other facts about your house to ensure you are pricing intelligently and not sitting stagnant on the market. There are other issues to be concerned about as well, depending on whether or not the house is occupied and by whom; if there are pets on the property, and so forth. Make sure your Realtor is backed by a solid brokerage and will carefully respect your rights and wishes as a seller.
Best of luck to you....I would love to be considered as a Realtor for you if you have not yet already found one. I am a full service, full time Realtor who takes excellent care of her clients! Read the testimonies on my site!
Web Reference:  http://Heidigolff.com