I have a house with 10 acres next to I-75,close to Warner Robins AIR FORCE BASE,and am looking for someone to trade house near Sarasota Florida.

Asked by Cessenakid, Sarasota, FL Sat Mar 6, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Randy Schwei…, , Sarasota, FL
Sat Mar 6, 2010
Hello Cessenakid,
I assume you are a pilot. I am too and come from the low-wing Piper clan. In today's market, I think it would be much more difficult to arrange a trade. Do you have to do a 1031 exchange? Have you contacted an international real estate company near the base to provide input and a market analysis of the value and prospects of selling your property. How motivated are you to sell and what is your time frame? If have detached yourself from the property, I personally would suggest listing it with a competent realtor and when you are ready, then look for property in our area.

In this market where so many buyers are sorting out BEST VALUES, bank-owned property, short sales, etc., I think it would be difficult to find a local seller who wants to trade. Certainly the SRQ person would like to see a recent professional appraisal and probably a survey.

I am with Coldwell Banker and would be happy to refer you to a competent Coldwell Banker agent near Warner Robins. In today's market, it can take longer to sell your property and a professional realtor will probably net you far mor $ than trying on your own or tring to trade.

If you have any questions about our market, I would be happy to help. If you wish to have access to all our current listings, please click on http://www.FloridaMoves.com/Randall.Schweitzer or email me.

Incidentally, if you are interested in bly-in properties with their own runways, i am acquainted with ours. Don't know if you are still current on your license or have a plane, but I am well-versed in that arena.

II wish you the best.

Randy Schweitzer
Coldwell Banker
Sarasota, FL
0 votes
Alma Kee, Agent, Tampa, FL
Sat Mar 6, 2010
Why not sell and then buy? If you've owned and occupied it as your primary residence for 2 out of the last 5 years you will not pay any taxes on $250k of capital gains if you are single or $500k if you're married.

If the property doesn't qualify for the favorable tax treatment then yes, you may want to do a 1031 Tax Free Exchange. You will severely limited your choices on your new house near Sarasota, however.

Good luck!
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more