I have a house on 320 w. 4th street it does need a little fixing up my question is ,is it a good time to sell

Asked by Annie, cle elum wash Thu Jun 12, 2008

,if so would it be worth selling it as is? thank you Annie

Answers

6
Eliza Stephe…, Agent, Cle Elum, WA
Fri Jun 13, 2008
Good Morning Annie,
Since I work and live in Cle Elum, maybe I can give you some answers that will be helpful. Each community has their own market data, and the buying and selling environment is unique to each area. Our Upper County in the last 4 years has had a huge impact from Suncadia and all of the resort homes that have recently been built. It has in turn affected the assessments of everyones taxes by at least 40%. That means the property values jumped, and depending on when you purchased your property, you could be in a good position right now. But, if you bought it within the last year, now would not be a good time to put it on the market.
It all depends on what is motivating you to consider selling it. Do you need to? Or just want to... That will partially help figure out where to consider pricing. That, together with looking at similar properties on the market that match yours, and looking at what properties have sold for that are similar.
If you would like me to help you further, just let me know. Good luck

Eliza Stephenson - REMAX Alpine Realty - 509-260-0722
Web Reference:  http://www.YourNWHome.com
Trailside RE, Agent, Cle Elum, WA
Tue Oct 2, 2012
Hi Annie - Not sure if you've sold this yet. I know it's been a tough market. If you're not working directly with anyone I've been have success as of late in Cle Elum. Talk soon! Jen
Aaron Schrei…, Other Pro, Leavenworth, WA
Tue Nov 9, 2010
The short answer is yes. You can always list and then if you don't get much traffic, take it off and relist in the spring. We've done a couple of pre-listing inspections recently for new listings. Everyone tends to believe that you can't sell in the colder months, but folks are still looking for good deals.
Web Reference:  http://www.amsinspection.com
Jan Wanechek, Agent, Cle Elum, WA
Wed Nov 3, 2010
Annie, I did some checking on this address and you lead me to believe that this home is in Cle Elum, WA. According to the tax records the home at this address in Cle Elum is bank owned asset. If I am wrong about the address please let me know and I will be happy to help you.
Karen Jackson, , Renton, WA
Fri Jun 13, 2008
Hi Annie

This is a tough one to answer without knowing your financial situation with the home - how much you owe, how much work does it need. I would be happy to sit down with you in person or over the phone and show you the stats of the area and look at your situation individually to see what your options are. If selling is the best option for you then it is always a good time to sell. Our market is a little slower than it was a year or so ago but people are still buying and selling homes. If I can be of assistance, please call or email me. Karen Jackson 206-714-1384 kjackson@johnlscott.com
Cameron Piper, Agent, Forest Lake, MN
Thu Jun 12, 2008
It is always a good time to sell. When considering the carrying costs of real estate, market improvements rarely outway the cost to hold a property over time. Whil real estate is a fantastic investment it really depends on your reason for selling the house. If you are selling it because you don't live in it, the cost to keep it will seldom be more than the appreciation as you wait for the market to improve.

Selling as-is is also a function of what type of work needs to be done and the cost. I would contact a local realtor or appraiser and have them give you an estimate of the value in present and fixed up condition, and then have a contractor estimate the cost of the work. The decision should be pretty easy once you have those numbers in front of you. Keep in mind though that you will rarely return every dollar you spend to fix up a house so there is a strong argument for selling it as it is and washing your hands of it.