I have a house in Pflugerville that was on the market for sale for six months and could not sell. I lived in this 3250 square fee house for 11 years

Asked by Cp, Austin, TX Sun Feb 6, 2011

I have a house in Pflugerville that was on the market for sale for six months and could not sell. I lived in this 3250 square fee house for 11 years. I am not sure what I should be doing now? Should I put on lease? I heard that it is easier to lease the house. I am tired of paying property taxes and other bills. At this point I own the house.

Answers

8
Suzanne Gant…, , 78664
Thu Apr 7, 2011
A good showing, priced right home in Pflugerville doesn't stay on the market long, so I can only assume the following: 1) It is priced too high 2) It doesn't show well 3) It isn't being marketed properly. When I list a home, I sometimes spend weeks getting with the seller to get the home show ready - clean the clutter, paint, plant flowers, mulch, clean the carpets or put new flooring down, CLEAN - some people's baseboards, curtains, doors, walls, are so filthy that it is a turn off, Big Time!! I tell my clients - in order to get top dollar, you need to look top dollar. I stage my properties as well because you only have 10 seconds to make a good impression.

Were you marketed properly? Did you have a Virtual tour done? Were you all over the internet? Where the pictures on the internet and MLS crisp and clear? Did your Realtor have Open Houses? Just listed cards? Youtube video? That is just the tip of the iceberg for me when I do marketing for your home. In fact, I have a video that shows you how I market your property. Click on the link I have included, the video can be seen there. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call or email me. I live in Round Rock and sell alot of homes in Pflugerville.
Don Groff, Agent, Austin, TX
Mon Feb 7, 2011
Hello Cp,

I understand your concerns. The Pflugerville market is tough for sellers right now as there is a lot of inventory out there. Without looking at your home I can still tell you with a certainty that the home is either not priced correctly or is not showing in the best possible way. Let's assume that the home shows well for this example.

The number one thing then is how your home is priced when potential buyers are comparing it to other homes in their searches. When buyers are looking for homes they search for homes in certain areas, amenities and price ranges. When your home is priced too high your home will not compare favorably with the other homes that are priced closer to their actual market worth.

When your home is overpriced it will just sit on the market. I am also assuming your home is not getting many showings either as it's not coming up on the radar of those potential buyers. If your home is priced in a bracket higher than a buyer is looking (assuming the home is priced too high) those buyers will not even see your home. It will not show up in their searches as the home is in a higher bracket than their search results are showing them.

When a home is priced too high the only people who see the home are those looking at other homes that are in the higher bracketed price range. Because of this your home will not compare favorably and will unfortunately in most cases not solicit any offers.

In this market buyers are looking for bargains. In any given market the top 10% of homes will sell each month. To achieve the best possibility of a fast sale for the highest dollar amount the market will support you need to price your home correctly to start. Doing this will guarantee the most eyes get a chance to see your home and the more eyes the more potential offers. The more offers the more you will get for your home. As true as these statements most people still overprice their homes.

I will even take my clients out to view homes that I feel will be their direct competition in the market. This helps them grasp a better feel of the market. You need to determine the correct price for your home. Then you need to decide if that price allows you to get out from under it without writing a check. If you are not able to do so then you may want to consider renting the home to wait out the market and sell once home prices have had time to rebound.

I wish you the best of luck with the sale of your home.

Don Groff
REALTOR | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
512.669.5599
listings@dongroff.com

Don Groff
REALTOR | Mortgage Broker
512.669.5599
listings@dongroff.com
Nanci Zimmer…, , Cedar Park, TX
Sun Feb 6, 2011
It may be a good time to put your property on the market in March or April. I have some great ideas for FHA financing options for buyers that may help sell your home. Please send me more information about your property so that I may do some extensive research to assist you and give a proposal.

Nanci
512-784-8692
Web Reference:  http://nancisellstexas.com
Guy Gimenez, Agent, Austin, TX
Sun Feb 6, 2011
If you've had it on the market for 6 months, the price was rejected by traditional buyer market. However, there are other options such as a transfer of the mortgage payment. If you want more info, feel free to shoot me an email at Info@FastCash4AustinHomes.com or 512-507-5864.

Guy E. Gimenez
Broker / Investor
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sun Feb 6, 2011
Keep in mind that a home is worth what someone is willing to pay for it; it doesn’t matter what the seller needs or potential buyers can afford to spend; market conditions do matter as does the immediacy for a transaction to take place. In setting a price, it is in the seller’s best interest to focus on the current market conditions--therefore, review comps with your agent--recently sold similar properties in the immediate area, if your price needs adjustment in order to be competitive, adjust accordingly; also review marketing strategies, if the exposure is not maximized, adjust accordingly...
Ronda Allen, Agent, Plano, TX
Sun Feb 6, 2011
Nobody walks in our offices and says "I want an 11-year old house". Unfortunately, you live in a fairly young and opinionated, and somewhat snobbish market when it comes to most buyers. I can say that because I've worked with hundreds of Texas buyers over the last 10 years and the description fits. The vast majority want a home under 5-years old, and 4,000sf has become the new 3,000sf (which was the new 2,000sf from the 1970's). Spend money for an appraisal, then decide if you are better off selling or leasing. Don't just randomly reduce the price, as the length of time on the market while you do that will be detrimental to your sales goals. Consider offering the home for sale or lease, and let the market determine which works best. I've had great success with that strategy, where an owner is flexible on the idea of leasing their home. But, don't fail to market the lease. I've seen many agents fail to put the marketing in place to properly advertise a residential lease, and that's a shame and a waste of everyone's time.

Ronda
Eli Givoni-S…, , Boca Raton, FL
Sun Feb 6, 2011
You can always drop your price. Usually that does the trick.

Eli Givoni, Director
Short Sale Department, LLC
561-361-1909
info@shortsaledept.com
http://www.shortsaledepartment.com
Serving all 50 states
Randy Stevens, , Austin, TX
Sun Feb 6, 2011
I can get your house sold. Leasing can be a headache. I've got a better alternative. Give me a call and we can discuss it.

Talk to you soon,

Randy Stevens
512-507-3200
Randy@florenciaproperties.com