I have a friend whos name and social was used to buy or cosigned for a house in this area, Markham IL and the

Asked by Luis, Arizona Tue Aug 19, 2008

person living in the house is an ex boyfriend who is paying the mortgage but she wants to sale the house ASAP cause this individual is an ilegal living and paying fo r a house he wants to keep but he cant since he is an ilegal, I know my friend has no idea where to start and how to go about selling this house while she is currently living in AZ, I know it is possible I just need someones good contact number or email to help her.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Brian Marton, Agent, TINLEY PARK, IL
Sun May 20, 2012
Best advice is for her to contact an attorney, if she wants to sell. Did she sign for the property and Mortgage?
0 votes
Scott Faletti, , 60423
Tue Aug 19, 2008
Well if he's not a citizen of the U.S.A then his name can't be on the title or deed to the property. For whatever reason(s) your friend wants to sell the property , She has all legal rights to sell the property if it's in her name only. If any equity is left at closing maybe they can reach an agreement and split some of the proceeds from the house. I'm a full time Real Estate Agent in Oak Forest/ Markham area . If you need any assistance with selling the property you can reach me at 708 692-3719 Sincerely, Scott Faletti
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Selling in Markham Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more