Yolanda, Both Buyer and Seller in 92651

I have a corner house 3/1 on Jersey st I just acquired through auction...how are the values for homes and rentals in that area of Mckeesport, PA?

Asked by Yolanda, 92651 Mon Sep 14, 2009

Answers

2
You are just now wondering what the property is worth? Ma'am, you need to do your homework before putting your money down. What happens if the property you bought at auction is worth $100K and you spent $110K. Right there you got taken. Now, seeing you went to the property only to find out it needs a lot of work. Perhaps at least $25K. Now you're really in deep. If you were in touch with a real estate agent, they could have told you before hand that the property is only worth $100K IF it's in good condition. That way, you could have gotten estimates on what it would cost to renovate the place in the area. Which means you would have seen what the most you should be spending on the property.

Now, to answer your question, call a local real estate agent and have them give you a market analysis for the property. They are usually free.

Hope that helps,

Terrence Charest, e-Pro
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 14, 2009
actually you can do this yourself by looking at the allegheny property assessments page online, google allegheny property assessments ..its free and you can search by street name, who bought what home, for who much and when...I always did this and came back with good numbers, and usually I can do more of what my agent has and I been more correct too!