Home Selling in Wells>Question Details

Summerv236, Home Seller in Wells, ME

I have a condo at Summer Village in Wells, Maine that I am trying to determine a fair selling price on. I'm having an appraisal done in the next

Asked by Summerv236, Wells, ME Tue Jun 8, 2010

week but what I need to find out is what any of them have recently sold for? I am on an awesome lot between the family pool and the front of the Village so it may appraise better than the units in the back. Has anyone seen any recent sales and what they were?

Answers

5
See Jacki Grant; she sold your condo to YOU and she's not working for Howard Hall any longer.

jackie@exitoceansiderealty.com
There are currently 16 condos for sale in Summer village. They range in price from $189,000 to $209,900. There are only 2 units under contract, both of which have list prices below $189,000. So lower priced units will sell first. There has been only one resale in the last 18 months. It was also a front unit and it sold at $190,000. Part of the difficulty is financing: many lenders have stopped lending on seasonal condos because of an overall higher default rate.
If you do pay for an appraisal, be careful in using units from other condominium developments. Few have the amenities that Summer Village has and a lender may be able to finance some condo developments but not others.
The sale price for the 2 units under contract will not be public information until closing. If you want to know at what price they close, feel free to email me.
Hello- What will be the listing price on this?
Do you have a mortgage on it?
Depending on different criteria, you may have some trouble selling this these days IF your potential buyer needs a mortgage to purchase it. Condos have gotten a lot harder the last 6-12 months.
Thanks, and good luck,

Ken L.
Dear Summerv236,

Are you trying to sell this as a For Sale by Owner or are you looking for a successful Realtor to sell it for you? Feel free to contact me to discuss. My contact information is: CJ Dubois-Cote, Prudential Prime Properties, 207-615-1663 or cindy@prubay.com
Any local agent can help you and the agent(s) may need to see the property beforehand--contact any realty office(s) and ask for comps--recently sold similar properties in the immediate area--review the data and make a determination as to a fair price. Comps are offered free of charge by most agents.