I have a buyer who hasn't called my agent back since we have accepted her initial offer 4 days ago. This is

Asked by Frank Cruz, 30030 Sun Apr 19, 2009

her due diligence period. She was very motivated and had an offer ready days after the viewing, even paying for an inspection (which I haven't seen) and laying down earnest money and signed an offer after the inspection. She has no agent and seems to consult with her lawyer about everything, which consumes several days per issue. Before we delivered the signed offer she was communicating often and easily and now not a peep for 4 days. Her lawyer, who took 6 days to look over the purchasing agreement, OKed the offer even though the occupancy agreement stated $0 for 60 days of occupancy. I don't know if this is the issue, but I haven't a clue if this is normal to not communicate during the due diligence period.

Answers

4
Gina Kay, , Dayton, OH
Sun Apr 19, 2009
There are other things to be considered here that your agent needs to communicate (by leaving voice mails or emails if can't reach the buyer):
- Is she approved for her mortgage, or is it cash?
- If a mortgage is involved, has your agent received a preapproval letter from the buyer's lender?
- if a mortgage is involved, has an appraisal been ordered?
- Has title work been ordered?
- Has a closing date been set? ("clear to close" from lender, title company may set date to close)
- Has your agent received a request for information from the title company?
- Were there issues with the inspection (you can't view a copy of the inspection via your agent without permission from the buyer; it is *her* inspection record as far as I know since she paid for it)

Until these things are answered there may be no sense of urgency from the buyer's side. However in real estate transactions, time is always of the essence!

Hope that's helpful!

Gina Kay Landis/Real Living Realty Services
(937) 431-7772
email ginakay DOT landis AT realliving.com or
ginakaysellshomes AT yahoo.com (comes to my cellphone)
Follow me on Twitter: @ginakay
Michael Hamm…, Agent, Suwanee, GA
Sun Apr 19, 2009
First of all, what does YOUR agent say? The buyer is representing herself with her lawyer's assistance, Frank. Since she is her own agent in essence, your listing broker/agent should probably be touching base fairly frequently with the buyer to find out what is going on, if anything. If you have your side holding the earnest money (particularly if it is substantial), you are still in good shape, in my opinion. Good Luck!
Frank Cruz, Home Seller, 30030
Sun Apr 19, 2009
My agent has tried to contact her, but no response. At first she came with $200K cash! Then, her accountant advised to at least finance 50% for tax purposes....so she's financing 50%. We do hold the earnest money so that's good. The inspector told me that this is his 3rd inspection with her!!! He did mention that I had by far the best property....but multiple inspections has me worried. She came to me when she was on the the receiving end on a counter offer from another property.

She has the money and the closing date is set. I talked to the inspector when he came to pick up the radon test and he told me that the property inspected well.
Dawn Richard…, , 30092
Sun Apr 19, 2009
Refer with agent. Your agent is hired to handle the sale of your home. Good luck!
Web Reference:  http://www.sellsatdawn.com