I have a buyer for my property in San Antonio. We need someone to take care of the deal without typical agent fees.

Asked by Laura Ward, Albuquerque, NM Sun Nov 11, 2012

Should we use a real estate attorney, or negotiate with a real estate agent to get a flat fee, or something else? Details: this is a vacant lot with a garage on it. The buyer is the former owner of the property who is buying it back from me. This should be fairly simple. Ideas? Thank you.

Answers

11
Terri Russo, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Thu Nov 15, 2012
Attorney- Use Dan Brown he is also an Escrow Officer with Mission Title. Tell him i referred you.
Victor Espin…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Thu Nov 15, 2012
Are you selling a house in San Antonio?
Did you read what I wrote? ^
Flag Thu Nov 15, 2012
Sue Baillio, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Mon Nov 12, 2012
All transaction fees are negotiable. Why don't you contact the agent of your choice to start the process.

Sue
Roland Gonza…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Sun Nov 11, 2012
Looks like you have plenty of possible Realtors to work with. I can certainly work with you on a transaction fee basis. Check my website for details on my services.

Roland Gonzales, ABR, GRI, CRS, CDPE
Broker/Owner
http://www.eCasaRealty.com
rolandg@gvtc.com
Doc & Ellen…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Sun Nov 11, 2012
Most Real Estate attorneys will handle all the details including closing for a nominal fee. Contact me if you need a name.

Doc Stephens, REALTOR
Terri Russo, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Sun Nov 11, 2012
We have a flat fee program that will very likely work for you. I am happy to help.

Terri Russo, Realtor
Home Team of America
210-(85-0305
Please email me with your proposal, ideas or questons: laura at lauraward dot net. Thank you.
Flag Sun Nov 11, 2012
Missy Keller, Agent, Schertz, TX
Sun Nov 11, 2012
Hi Laura,

Give me a call. I would be happy to work with you.
Jose Novelo, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Sun Nov 11, 2012
Great!, when can we meet? It will be nice and easy, but with full protection of your interests.
Jose Luis Novelo
Royce Simmon…, Agent, Cibolo, TX
Sun Nov 11, 2012
Your choice to use an attorney or a Realtor to finalize the negotiated contract. I would be happy to help - just give me a call -- by the way, I miss ABQ -- was honored to serve as the Executive Officer to the Kirtland Wing Commander several years ago. Great place to live, eat and ski.
Please email me with your proposal, ideas or questions: laura at lauraward dot net. Thank you.
Flag Sun Nov 11, 2012
I used to work for the AF on Kirtland. :-) Now I work for DOE. I will give you a call shortly.
Flag Sun Nov 11, 2012
Kathy Walsh, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Sun Nov 11, 2012
Hi Laura,
You're right, this should be fairly simple.
If you'd like to give me a call I'd be glad to review the details and we could work something out for a flat fee.

Best of luck!

Kathy Walsh, Realtor®
Keller Williams Heritage
(210) 862-7721
Flag Sun Nov 11, 2012
maegan olgu…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Sun Nov 11, 2012
As far as agent fees we get 3% of the sales price. Is that amount too much? Even though it seems to be a fairly easy deal, we still need to draw up the contracts for you. Hiring an attorney Would be more then that. Our fees are handled at closing and the title company takes care of that. I'd be happy to help you

Maegan Olguin.
210-323-1257
JBGoodwin Realtors
Yes, 3% is too much considering there will be no listing, showing, and negotiating. The 3% normally involves all of that, so yes, I would expect a discount.
Flag Sun Nov 11, 2012