Geetha Arulm…, Home Seller in Ewing, MO

I have a 5 bed/3.5 bath home in Ewing. What is the going rate?

Asked by Geetha Arulmohan, Ewing, MO Sat Jul 5, 2008

2500 sq.ft, granite countertop, cherry cabinets, four seasons sun room and more

Answers

5
Geetha
I do not recommend determining property values with online services, either Zillow, Trulia, or any other service or source that does not include three things:
1. Knowledge of your local market trends
2. Knoweldge of your personal situation (for example, when you need to sell, how much you need to net, etc.)
3. Knowledge of your property

The best way to find our what your home would sell for is to ask three Realtors for their opinion. There are generally three prices at which a home will sell:
1. Wholesale - what an invester might pay, usually 10-12 % below retail
2. Retail - what a willing, able , and knowledgeable buyer will pay and to which the seller will agree.
3. Your price - based on your circumstances, needs, and goals.

I do think that you can learn a great deal from Zillow and Trulia. Go to the STATS section in your zip code and you can look at the market activity. What you need are a few things not present:
The market trend for homes like yours, and the current competition. That's why a CMA on it's own, or simply "market data" can actually be more dangerous than help.

If you need a sharp Realtor feel free to let me know and I can refer one to you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 5, 2008
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
I live within Ewing myself and am a Ewing, Mercer County NJ agent. I am not sure of the current status, but it would be best for us to sit down, review your improvements, current market, and your goals to come up with the best price for your listing.

You can reach out to me on Facebook or email me at pcamuto@optonline.net. I also have a Ewing People page on Facebook that you can search for where I post market updates, absorption rates, and active inventory. It will give you a better picture of the current environment.
08638 is the wrong zip code to be in. If you were 08628 you might be able to get 400k. Right now the highest listed homes in your area are all 399k or less and they are not moving. The newer homes in Spring Valley are listed between 350-385k but all have been on the market for over 4 or 5 months and are not selling.
The address is 334 Ewingville Road, Ewing, NJ 08638. This home is right across Antheil elementary school and walking distance to TCNJ. The condition is excellent. Spent over 100 K in upgrades.
The brief description of your house is very good but it really doesn't give me enough information to provide you with a realistic figure on the property. Location is a big factor in this area as well as the condition of the house. I am very familiar with Ewing and would be willing to give you a free market analysis. Remember there is no obligation on your part to do any further follow up.