I have a beautiful piece of property in River Canyon I want to sell. How do I find an agent willing to work a property deal?

Asked by stevenkimbell59, Chattanooga, TN Wed Jan 1, 2014

I know several agents, but none seem interested in putting any effort into it. I have 3/4 acre of property on a slope above the river in River Canyon, about 3 miles from Suck Creek Road on River Canyon Road. It is a beautiful location with a wonderful view, but too far out for my family. It has a good soils test already and taxes of only $130 per year. Seems like I ought to be able to find a buyer looking to build that weekend getaway or retirement home. This is Marion County, so there are very few restrictions.

Answers

3
Denise Leach, Agent, Chattanooga, TN
Wed Jan 1, 2014
I would agree with Donace's answer below.
Donace Dillon, Agent, Knoxville, TN
Wed Jan 1, 2014
Have you listed your property with an agent? Once you trust an agent to actively list your property, this shows you are ready to sell and allows them to put all their sources and efforts to work, including putting it on the internet, which will be your best resource for a unique property. Until it is listed, their hands are really tied. It doesn't cost you to list, but it does cost the agent money and they only profit "if and when" it sells.

Donace Dillon, Real Estate Broker,
Bridge City Realty
423-648-6242
423-645-1597
Scott Hennin…, Agent, Chattanooga, TN
Wed Jan 1, 2014
Steven,

Give us a call to discuss. We deal with a lot of out of town buyers looking for land/homes that are thinking of retiring or building second homes in the area.

Scott Henninger
Keller Williams
423-827-8434