I have a 3 bdrm ext cape in EM 2 bed/1 bath over 1 bd 1 bath. I am going to be selling in the near future and need some advice.

Asked by emjets32, East Meadow, NY Thu Feb 6, 2014

When I purchased the home years ago the set up on the second floor was a one bedroom one bath with a kitchen/living room mother daughter type apt all done with proper permits. The ground floor had two bedrooms. I removed a bedroom from the ground floor to make the family room bigger and then took out the kitchen on the second floor and made it the 3rd bedroom. Should I sell the house as a 3 bd or would I increase the value and interest by popping the kitchen back in on the second floor removing the 3rd bedroom and making the house two one bedroom apts?

Answers

3
Javier Menes…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Melville, NY
Thu Feb 6, 2014
As a Mortgage Banker I would not know as much as a Realtor who specializes in your market. But from all the loans I've done in Nassau, including East Meadow, I would say the house might be les desirable if it became a 2 one bedroom apartments set up. But I would consult with a local Realtor, maybe a couple of Realtors and get their opinions. I can definitely recommend a couple Realtors to you if you'd like. IF MY RESPONSE WAS HELPFUL, CONSIDER CLICKING BEST ANSWER! • Javier Meneses Senior • Loan Officer • NMLS #23130 • STERLING NATIONAL BANK • 310 Crossways Park Drive • Woodbury, NY 11797 • jmeneses@snb.com • (516) 606-9648 Cell • (516) 740-4478 Office • (516) 918-5383 Fax
Why did the moderator remove my question?
Flag Thu Feb 6, 2014
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Fri Feb 7, 2014
Keep the house as is with three bedrooms; that way it's much more appealing to a much larger pool of potential buyers...
Evan Mogelef…, Agent, Merrick, NY
Fri Feb 7, 2014
I would leave it as a 3 bedroom and not put back the 2nd kitchen. Sometimes 2nd kitchens can be a problem when financing. If you have any questions I would be happy to help or even come down and take a look. I am a local agent and used to Live In East Meadow. 516-322-7518

Evan Mogelefsky
Associate Broker
Realty Connect USA
516-322-7518
http://www.SearchLiHomes.com