I don't live at 4525 N. Western, Chicago, but live nearby, have walked past the building and have seen numerous postings on this board...

Asked by Epic Fail, Chicago, IL Wed Feb 23, 2011

I've also seen the listing for the "penthouse" rental at ....wait....$3800 dollah! I'm still laughing. I think this listing of a 2/2 in North Center is more like the TRUE value

http://cribchatter.com/?p=10058#comments

$140,000 below 2006 purchase and still dropping! Congrats on your purchase of the most expensive McCrapbox in Lincoln Square!

Answers

5
No Way, Renter, Chicago, IL
Sat Mar 26, 2011
Is there another unit for rent in this building? I just looked at a very small 2/bed, ridiculous rent of $2100/month. Lots of street noise, I could hear people upstairs, dirty, halls need painting and graffiti on walls outside. I pass.
Epic Fail, , Chicago, IL
Thu Feb 24, 2011
Wow, Mr. Hanna-market got you down? Sounds like some home inspections have turned up REAL problems in your listings, so you have to go dumpster diving for food again. How many McCrapbox's with split-face block you trying to sell?

As the market continues to tumble, and owner's with unrealistic expectations of rental income or sales price chase that almight $ downward, more pressure will be put on your "profession" to cut commissions. Foreclosures will continue to rise beyond 2012, and the next generation of buyers don't have the downstroke banks now require. I guess you'll have to get used to eating the day-old lettuce and mushy fruit behind Jewel.
Mark Malave, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Feb 23, 2011
So, this is just someone ranting?
David Hanna, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Feb 23, 2011
And we worry about the lower barrier to entry into real estate...obviously none for inspectors.
Mark Malave, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Feb 23, 2011
Is this just a statement or is there a question?