Samantha, Home Seller in Rochester, NY

I currently own and live in a multi family home (3 units),

Asked by Samantha, Rochester, NY Sun Jun 8, 2008

the rental units are currently filled and usually are...I purchased the house 2.5 years ago, and i am looking at making a profit (as we all are) I am not planning on selling now...(although if the price is right i will) If there is a slump in the area i have no problem waiting awhile...but i would like to sell the place and move into a bigger place when i start a family. The home is located in the Southwedge, 3--1 beds/baths...any advice/ideas??

Connie Williams’ answer
I agree with keeping it. The U of R is investing a lot of money on both sides of the river.

But if you do decide to sell it, they U of R is offering their employees up to 9K in grant money. At least with that type of help, a buyer from the U of R wouldn't need any concessions from you to purchase it! Good Luck!

Southwedge is one of the most sought after areas, particuliarly the area near Highland park. There are investors that are interested in properties all throughout Southwedge. If you would like to schedule an appointment I would be happy to meet with you and do a Comparative Market Analysis for you and discuss the most strategic marketing plan.

When you list your property with me, I pay all marketing expenses and you pay nothing until your home sells and you have a check in your hand. Listing your home on the Multiple Listing Service nets a seller 16% more than a For Sale by Owner.

Good Luck,

(585) 410-2053
There is nothing better than having someone else pay your mortgage. If you do not have to sell, do not sell now. Or, rent out your flat and purchase another home...it is certainly a good market to buy in and there is nothing else like passive income. You can have your cake and eat it too!
Web Reference: http://GailGladstone.com
If it was originally a single family home converted to 3 units, you could consider converting back to single family home, or knocking two units together to have more space for yourself, rather than moving. Otherwise, you sound settled, happy and content, so if you are looking for permission to carry on, you have it! If it ain't broke, don't fix it......
Keep it ! There area is booming! As long as you don't mind being a landlord - keep it..

Claudia A. Nealon RE/MAX Realty Group