I bought my house 20 years ago for $140,000. Do you think the market will be better for sellers in the next two years?

Asked by Bako06owner, 93306 Thu Mar 31, 2011

Our close neighborhoods are very different. Some houses are at the high end and some are at the low end.

Answers

3
Marie Souza Team’s answer
Marie Souza…, Agent, Centerville, MA
Sun Apr 3, 2011
This depends on your local real estate market & how much this economic downturn have affected your area. My best guess for appreciation of property in our area (Cape Cod) is at least 5 years. Another thing to think about is if you sold now, would this sale get you where you want to be? If this is a yes, sell now. If you sell for less now, you buy for less now as well. Hope this helps!
Dee Oliver, Agent, Bakersfield, CA
Sun Sep 9, 2012
I see you posted this question over a year ago. We have seen prices go up in the Bakersfield area since your post. In fact, we have a real shortage of single family residences available for sale right now. If you are still interested in finding out what your home might be worth today, please call me at 661-747-7763. Thank you. Dee Oliver - RE/MAX MAGIC, Bakersfield CA.
NonRealtor, , 23456
Thu Mar 31, 2011
In my opinion, it will not be better in 2 years. Maybe just keep the house, in another 10 years you'll own it, no more mortgage payments, right? Good Luck