I am trying to post a "For Sale By Owner" listing of my house. However, I did not find where to post the property information. Any help is?

Asked by Steven Cheng, South Pasadena, CA Mon Sep 23, 2013

appreciated

Answers

9
Basim Hilal, Agent, Pasadena, CA
Wed Jan 22, 2014
You should attach a property flier to the "For Sale By Owner" sign, that way any interested buyers that drive by and see your for sale sign can pick up a flier and have all the property information. If you really want to sell your house though you should hire a trusted real estate specialist. They can properly market your home and handle all the contracts and negotiations associated with a real estate transaction. A Realtor can also accurately price your home and make sure that you get every penny your house is worth.
Christopher…, Agent, Camp Hill, PA
Tue Sep 24, 2013
Hi Steven
You are not able to list FSBO's on Trulia. If you are set on marketing your own home check out Zillow and Craigslist as they allow for sale by owners. When you decide to go with an agent interview a couple before you make a choice. Best of luck to you.
Juana Eva Ma…, Agent, Pasadena, CA
Tue Sep 24, 2013
Hi Steven.
You are getting a very small taste of the confusion and complications that come with selling your own home. Even agents contract another agent to assume the liability and responsibility of selling their homes. You've never heard of a surgeon who operates on himself, or an attorney who represents herself in a court of law, have you?

Studies have shown that homes sold through an agent generally sell for more money, in less time than a FSBO. Not to mention that selling a home is a highly emotional and personal experience, and during the transaction and negotiations, you want a clear-headed professional who will not get caught up in those emotions.

Please reach out to some local agents-- I would be honored to have the opportunity to show you what I can do for you-- and save yourself some aggravation and stress. You may think you're "saving" by not paying a commission, but the money you leave on the table in a FSBO can be much more significant.

Whichever path you choose, I wish you the best of luck! I hope you'll feel free to reach out to me with any questions.

Juana
Kim Glass, , San Francisco, CA
Tue Sep 24, 2013
Hi Steven,

Unfortunately, we don't allow FSBO listings on Trulia. I would strongly suggest reaching out to some local agents that may be able to list your home for you.

Hope that helps clear things up!
-Kim, Community Manager
thanks Kim - I will delete my reference to that post as I see you have removed it!
Flag Tue Sep 24, 2013
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Mon Sep 23, 2013
That's funny Ron - you start off by warning him that he will be "bombarded" by agents wanting to list his home............then you become one of those agents, giving him a sales pitch asking to list his home!
yes, and I hope you noticed that trulia removed that post because it was inappropriate!
Flag Tue Sep 24, 2013
I never criticized anyone.... just stating the facts... but I read your comment about Alex's post... Debra, do yourself a favor and look in the mirror. SMH.
Flag Tue Sep 24, 2013
then why throw other agents under the bus if you're going to do the very same thing you're criticizing them for?
Flag Tue Sep 24, 2013
Debra, Not funny, but true. If I did not want to list his home then I am in the wrong business. ...and yes, sales is what I do.
Flag Tue Sep 24, 2013
Ron Schwolsky, Agent, Covina, CA
Mon Sep 23, 2013
Hi Steven,

You will now be bombarded with agents wanting to list your house. If at some point you decide to list your home with a Realtor I would appreciate an opportunity to win your business. By hiring a professional you will drastically reduce your liability.

I will hire a professional photographer and create a YouTube video in order to properly market your home on the internet in order to achieve maximum exposure.

My primary goal is to sell your house. It makes no difference who brings the buyer, as long as the buyer has the means to make the purchase. That is why I do all I can to cooperate and make it easy for other agents, even when those agents have little experience or are not easy to deal with. I put effort into marketing to other agents as well as buyers.

Sotheby’s Realty is well known and respected throughout the industry and we have an international network of agents. At any time, now or in the future, we are at your service. We will do our absolute best to market and sell your home as quickly as possible and for the best price. Our mission is to have an affable experience for all.
Please give me a call and let’s set up a time to sit down and discuss getting your home sold.

Looking forward to your call,

Ron Schwolsky, LEED AP
818-640-3400
ronLArealtor@aol.com
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Mon Sep 23, 2013
I am going to assume you were trying to post your home, here, on Trulia.

Unfortunately, you cannot post it here as a "for sale by owner".

Only agent-listed homes may be posted on Trulia. I know it causes confusion as this not made clear.

You can, however, try Zillow.com, or Craigslist.com or ForSaleByOwner.com, just to name a few fsbo friendly sites!

Best wishes..........
Billy Lam, Agent, San Marino, CA
Mon Sep 23, 2013
Hi Steven. Which website are you trying to post your "For Sale By Owner" (FSBO) listing? Some of the websites that offers FSBO listing services should have a page where you enter your property description. For Sale By Owners and investors uses my listing service to help save on commission. Give me a call or email me at Billy@NeighborhoodHomeTour.com if I can further help you with entering your property detail information.
Lena Samigou…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Mon Sep 23, 2013
You'll get the top $$ for your property by hiring a real estate professional like myself who will get your property the most exposure and attract the biggest number of potential buyers. You'll also have a protection of the real estate brokerage E&O insurance from any potential law suits associated with the sale and disclosures. I'm happy to meet with you and show you what you'd be getting by hiring an expert. Please contact me at lenasrealtor@yahoo.com