I am thinking of selling my house in Raytown, and wondering about what I could possibly get, and how long to sell?

Asked by Ebmisfit, Raytown, MO Wed Jan 18, 2012

Answers

5
Andy, Home Owner, Alamogordo, NM
Fri Jan 18, 2013
Depends on many variables such as condition, neighborhood, curb appeal, price, and demand for homes in Raytown. I have lived in Raytown 13 years and have seen homes for sale ranging from 1 month to over a year. When the KCMO School District lost accreditation on December 2011, 2 homes near me sold almost immediately. One was a new listing while the other had been on the market previously and was listed a few months before KCMO schools lost accreditation. I suggest you interview at least 3 Realtors, ask them to present comps for the area (comparing homes in the area similar to yours) and then list with one of the Realtors.
Karen Goodman, Agent, Saint Louis, MO
Wed Mar 21, 2012
We're in the St. Louis area, not KC, so we can't pull the numbers for you, but any agent in the KC area should be able to get statistics for how long it takes to sell a Raytown home in your price range. Of course, there are homes that sell quickly and some that never sell. How quickly you sell will depend on if you price your home to match what buyers expect in features and condition for the area.

We know some great agents in KC. If you need a recommendation on who to call to get you realistic answers, feel free to contact us at: karen@archcityhomes.com.

Ted, , Belton, MO
Mon Mar 19, 2012
Good question with a very long answer. Huge number of homes on the market makes it tougher to sell in a soft and very competitive market for sellers needing to move property. But if you have a nice home, well cared for, in a good neighborhood then you have a good chance to move it in 3-4 months if well priced in good showing condition.

Not a broker but having bought over 800 homes in the last 10 years (few more than 'most' brokers, I can tell you that good homes still sell. Do a little homework and put your home in best possible condition to give yourself optimum chance to attract a quality buyer.

Even a little study on a few websites will give you a good idea of the market...... location and condition and quality dictate price.....even in todays market.

Ted
Continental Capital
http://www.concapco.com
BUYER BEWARE! ted abele "teddy" will lie to you and make false promises just to get whatever $$$ he can from you - additionally he does not hire licensed contractors to do the work on his homes, does not have business licenses in all of the city's that he owns and sells homes in and the list goes on and on. Call the attorney general in jefferson city and also call the local BBB in kansas city and you will find out EXACTLY what "teddy" is made of....he is not an honest person and neither are his employees Scott Grey and Renee Swain.
Flag Thu Jun 6, 2013
Robert D Hug…, Agent, Devon, PA
Thu Jan 19, 2012
Ebmisfit, contact only reputable and knowledgeable agents who know your area well. In these tough Real Estate times it is crucial to select experience and aggressiveness in marketing and selling your home. As stated by Mike any Representative you contact will be able to provide you the information you seek.

Make the home show as best as you can, price and or offer buyer incentives if applicable to your area. Buyers have a lot of choices these days, and you need your home to stand out from the rest.

Best of luck,

Rob Hughes-Long and Foster RE INC.
Mike Sullivan, Agent, Gainesville, FL
Wed Jan 18, 2012
I would recommend that you check with a couple of realtors to obtain a CMA (comparative market analysis). The realtors can provide an estimate of value through this process as well as estimated days to obtain a sale.

Hope this helps!