Dustin Burro…, Home Seller in Eugene, OR

I am selling my manufactred home in veneta. and im looking for a good agent that charges under 6%. please call at 541-606-5411

Asked by Dustin Burroughs, Eugene, OR Thu Oct 20, 2011

A agent that can sell in a trailer park.

Answers

7
David Smid, Agent, Eugene, OR
Thu Oct 20, 2011
Let's chat 541-517-3266. I have experience with Veneta and manufactured homes.
Paul Rinde, Agent, Menifee, CA
Thu Oct 20, 2011
That should not be hard to do. Commissions are negotiable. Be sure to check for references and always interview at least two.
Cherie Thoms…, Agent, Eugene, OR
Wed Oct 16, 2013
I am working on a team of real estate experts that are experts on "Selling your Home".
Call Me:
Thank You,

Cherie Thomson
541-999-5078
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Thu Oct 20, 2011
Dustin,
I looked up a well known discount/rebate company site and according to their model, in Oregon if the sale price is $235,000 or less you wouldn't save anything. Lower priced homes and especially manufactured homes often are advertised with a selling office commission higher than a conventional house due to the lower price.
Your selling office commission side should be competitive with others in your area to ensure you get shown if you hope to be successful. I'll let local agents research that and show you the numbers.
Dave Sutton, Agent, Portland, OR
Thu Oct 20, 2011
I can't help you with the agent, but since you raised commissions, let me see if I can add something to that.

The amount of work, and more importantly the amount of liability, for a Realtor has almost nothing to do with the sale price of a home. Assume 6% commission for the moment. A $100,000 sale brings each Realtor $3,000 (before whatever split they have with their office). A $200,000 sale brings $6,000, and a $400,000 sale brings $12,000. You get the idea. $3,000, $6,000 or $12,000 for the same amount of work and liability. Does that make sense to anyone? (It sure doesn't to me).

What would make more sense? How about a commission rate that's based on the sale price of the home?

Again, just for the sake of argument, 10% on anything under #100,000, 8% on $100-$300,000, 6% on $300-$500,000. amd 4% on anything over $500,000?

To save you the math, using the same home sale prices as above, that yields each agent $5,000 on the $100,000 home, $8,000 on the $200,000 home, and $12,000 on the $400,000 home and, adding one, a $600,000 home also earns $12,000.

And Mr. Seller before you start in with they're all too high, remember three things: 1) No sale = No commission, and 2) the listing agent pays a lot of expenses connected with the sale - advertising, open houses, etc. and 3) he or she assumes the risk that you or the other party will sue over some perceived action of the agent.
Lana Lavenba…, Agent, Grants Pass, OR
Thu Oct 20, 2011
Why would you only look at commission instead of what an agent can do for you? Would you only pay for anything else based on price instead of what it does?
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Thu Oct 20, 2011
Dustin,
Commissions vary and I never suggest anyone ignore what an agent charges, but it should only be one factor in deciding who to use. If Agent X charges a low commission, but does little or nothing to sell your home, makes mistakes when an offer comes in and then does a poor job of negotiating your deal, you don't have a bargain, but a disaster.
Paying a higher commission is no guarantee either. There are plenty of agents who charge lots and still do little. Focus on an agent with relevant experience, a successful track record and who knows how to effectively market & negotiate your deal. You want someone who pays attention to details where sometimes extra money can be made or lost.
Since David has experience in your park, start with him but consider other agents who have also been active in your area. Best of luck.